Marengo, IL (PRWEB) September 18, 2008
The Mecum muscle car auction at the Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles, Illinois on October 3-5, 2008 will be the site of one of the largest sales of automotive-related vintage neon, metal and porcelain signs, memorabilia and service station items (also know as "petroliana") to be held this year. Over 175 individual lots are expected to be sold.
Building on the success of the May sale of the David Christenholz Collection of neon signs and memorabilia at Dana Mecum's Spring Classic auction, Mecum has received a substantial number of consignments that will appeal to a range of collectors of all interests and budgets.
Highlights of the sale include:
- The Dwayne McAninch Collection. A spectacular collection of 96 separate lots, including 75 neon signs from America's automotive past, many of which are rare and desirable. The range of neon includes very large outdoor dealership installations to indoor service and marketing pieces. Some of the most famous brands are represented; GM, Oldsmobile, Chevrolet, Ford, Pontiac, Mobil Oil, Shell Oil, Skelly, Mercury, Lincoln, Cadillac, Buick and GMC Trucks. Each and every piece in this collection will be sold with No Reserve price; the highest bid will buy the item.
- Yates Ford Used Cars Neon Sign. From a downtown Chicago dealership, this fully working neon piece includes an animated incandescent "chaser light" arrow.
- Ford V-8 and Ford Tractor Neon Signs. Two vintage outdoor signs in full working order.
- Neon Coca-Cola Sign. This working, large one-sided sign has the Coca-Cola script logo outlined in red neon against a porcelain back.
- A wide range of service station items ("petroliana") including: metal and porcelain signs, lubesters, oil and gas cans, gas pumps, air meters and other memorabilia.
About the Auction
The 13th Annual Mecum St. Charles, Illinois Auction will be held October 3 - 5, 2008 at the Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles, IL and over 750 collector and muscle cars are expected.
The neon signs and other memorabilia will be auctioned on Sunday, October 5 beginning at 10:00 AM. Gates open at 9:00 AM daily. The general public is welcome, with tickets available at the door for $10. For complete information about this auction, including bidder registration, visit http://www.Mecum.com. See the complete list of Memorabilia here.
The Mecum Auction Company has been specializing in the sale of collector cars, muscle cars and Corvettes for over twenty years. In spring 2008, the Company sold its fifty-thousandth car. Consignment, Bidder, event and accommodation information is available online at http://www.Mecum.com or by calling (815) 568-8888. Nobody Sells More Muscle than Mecum. Nobody.
# # #