Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) September 18, 2008
The Society for New Communications Research (http://www.sncr.org), a nonprofit global think tank dedicated to the advanced study of the latest developments in new media and communications, and their effect on traditional media and business models, communications, culture and society, will hold its 3rd Annual Research Symposium & Awards Gala on Friday, November 14th at the Hotel Marlowe in Cambridge, Mass (http://www.sncr.org/symposium08/). The event will feature the presentation of the Society's Fellows' latest research projects and winning case studies from around the world through the Society's awards program.
SNCR Research Fellows' presentations will include:
- Results from the "Middleberg/SNCR Global Survey of Media in the Wired World," presented by Don Middleberg and SNCR Executive Director Jen McClure
- Findings from SNCR Senior Fellow Dr. Nora Ganim Barnes ' benchmark study of "Social Media Adoption by the Inc. 500"
- "Analyzing Social Media in the 2008 Presidential Election," presented by SNCR Fellows Emily Metzgar, Ph.D., Albert Maruggi & Michael Adolph
- Results from the "2008 Tribalization of Business" study, with SNCR Senior Fellow Francois Gossieaux and Ed Moran, Deloitte
- Insights from "The ROI of Online Press Releases" study, SNCR Fellows Shel Holtz & Mihaela Vorvoreanu, Ph.D. & Jiyan Wei, Vocus, SNCR Vendor Council member
- "Economic Decentralization and the Growth of the Small Business," with SNCR Founding Fellow Steve King
Later that evening, the Society will hold a gala dinner to honor the winners of the 2008 Excellence in New Communications Awards. Each year the Society for New Communications Research presents these prestigious awards to honor corporations, governmental and nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, media outlets, and individuals who are innovating the use of social media, ICT, mobile media, online communities and virtual worlds and collaborative technologies in the areas of business, media, and professional communications, including advertising, marketing, public relations and corporate communications, as well as entertainment, education, politics, and social initiatives. In addition, the SNCR Fellows will honor their choices for the SNCR Visionary of the Year, Innovator of the Year and Brand of the Year.
The 3rd Annual SNCR Research Symposium & Awards Gala is sponsored by BIA Information Network, LLC, Business Wire, iContact, Middleberg Communications, Vocus, and Social Media Club.
For more information and to register, visit http://www.sncr.org/symposium08/
About the Society for New Communications Research
The Society for New Communications Research is a nonprofit global think tank dedicated to the advanced study of new communications tools, technologies and emerging modes of communication, and their effect on traditional media, professional communications, business and society. For more information, visit http://www.sncr.org or call (650) 331-0083.
Society for New Communications Research
(650) 331-0083 - office
(650) 387-8590 - mobile
jmcclure @ sncr.org