I'm wearing the new Fleece 5.0 jacket right now… It has great style and is so smartly functional.
Ketchum, Idaho (PRWEB) September 19, 2008
Scott Jordan, Founder and CEO of SCOTTEVEST - SeV®, http://www.scottevest.com, has changed how we think of clothing. Today, SeV introduces a revolutionary system of Technology Enabled Clothing - TEC® designed for winter sports and travel, called The Scott Jordan Signature System.
The System is comprised of 2 jackets: an outer shell (Quantum $250) and a microfleece liner (Fleece 5.0 $140), available separately or sold together as the "System" for $340. The Quantum is totally waterproof and windproof with sealed seams, removable hood, pit-zips, removable powder skirt and 28 pockets, and the Fleece 5.0 has removable sleeves and 24 pockets, for a combined total of 52 pockets - a new world record, we think.
What other winter sports jacket includes:
- Patented Personal Area Network (PAN) (U.S. Patent No. 6,826,782) with hidden wire management for iPods® and other devices allowing athletes and travelers to stay connected without getting tangled in wires;
- 52 pockets engineered with a proprietary NoBulge™ and DeepPockets™ design to maintain a sleek exterior appearance even when the pockets are full;
- High tech fabrics, like transparent and touch sensitive pockets that allow devices to be seen and controlled through the fabric;
- Graphic icons suggesting uses and see thru mesh pockets to help organize your gear;
- Magnetic pocket closures to help keep your pockets closed and your gear secure (tested to be safe for all electronic devices);
- Unique Weight Management System™ to balance and distribute the weight of your gear;
- Built in pocket for your Camelbak® or other hydration system utilizing the patented PAN;
- and much more.
Scott Jordan, former lawyer turned fashion designer, has been widely credited by the tech crowd for the creation of geek-chic clothing and has been described by Fortune Magazine as a combination of Bill Gates and Giorgio Armani.
When asked why he attached his name to this product, Jordan replied, "It has the coolness and functionality to compete against the top brands in the skiwear market and beat them all hands-down. I've never been more proud of anything I've created, and I sincerely believe this product will revolutionize the skiwear industry. It took more than 7 years of design, development and testing here at our headquarters in Sun Valley/Ketchum, Idaho, a world class ski resort, to create a product worthy of attaching my name and signature."
The system is designed to help you breeze through airport security while doubling as an extra carry-on bag with its multitude of pockets and storage capacity. Upon arrival at your destination, you can stay warm and stylish, and enjoy outdoor activities (skiing, snowboarding, etc.) while staying connected and organized. The innovative clothing allows you to easily use your iPod®, cellphone, etc., and have all your essential gear organized without the need to carry a bag… or leave your favorite gadgets behind.
From the exterior, the Scott Jordan Signature System looks like a very stylish, high-end ski jacket - the difference is inside.
The Scott Jordan Signature System is available exclusively at http://www.SCOTTEVEST.com.
High-resolution images and video are available at http://www.SCOTTEVEST.com/company/scott_jordan.shtml
What People are Saying….
The Scott Jordan Signature System has already found a following among well-known writers, musicians, artists and the media:
- An unnamed, but well-respected, ski journalist and industry insider who reviewed the System calls it, "The most significant advance in skiwear since the invention of Gore-Tex®."
- Grammy award winning jazz musician Herbie Hancock emailed Scott, "I'm wearing the new Fleece 5.0 jacket right now… It has great style and is so smartly functional."
- CrunchGear's founder John Biggs shares, "Scott has done it again. Great style melded with great utility and excellent quality - this new line means business."
- Among its many fans and followers, SCOTTEVEST/SeV counts author Amy Tan (Joy Luck Club author) and her all-celebrity rock band "The Rock Bottom Remainders" (Dave Barry, Stephen King, Matt Groening, Bruce Springsteen, amongst other famous writers and musicians), Steve Wozniak (co-Founder of Apple and SeV Board Member), and Hap Klopp (Founder of The North Face and Chairman of SCOTTEVEST/SeV's Board of Advisors).
About SCOTTEVEST/SeV, Inc. -- A History of Innovation
SCOTTEVEST/SeV's Technology Enabled Clothing-TEC® has become synonymous with functional fashion that discreetly incorporates electronic devices and daily essentials into clothing. A complete rethinking of pockets has resulted in the elimination of what Scott calls the gadget dance: searching frantically for the things you need when you are on the go. A quick pat-down in the obvious places in your SeV garment and you are confidently on your way. This brilliantly effective new layout has been incorporated into every SeV garment now offered by the company.
Founded in 2000, SCOTTEVEST, INC. and its wholly owned division Technology Enabled Clothing -TEC®, are the leaders in the apparel industry as it relates to incorporating electronic equipment into clothing. SCOTTEVEST/SeV began designing clothing to meet the needs of techies and travelers who needed to both carry and use their electronic gadgets. When it debuted in 2000, SCOTTEVEST/SeV's clothing line was an instant hit among techies, who valued the ability to carry and use devices in a convenient way. SCOTTEVEST/SeV products also rapidly gained a following among Special Ops and undercover law enforcement officers, including the CIA, FBI, and other governmental agencies. SCOTTEVEST/SeV garments have been exhibited at The Tech Museum of Innovation in Silicon Valley, The Innoventions Pavilion at Disneyland, The Oakland Museum of California, The Museum of Technology in Milan, Italy, the Cittadella Scienza in Naples, Italy, and The International Spy Museum Store in Washington, D.C. The SCOTTEVEST/SeV has even shown up on HBO's hit show, The Wire, and was worn by Matthew McConaughey in the blockbuster movie, Sahara. At consumer technology trade shows such as CES, you'll often see the entire staff of large companies such as Microsoft and HP wearing custom SeV designs. Tech personality Leo Laporte now has a signature line of SCOTTEVEST/SeV clothing.
In 2008 the company embraced a new design philosophy with the development of nearly a dozen new sportswear products including the Scott Jordan Signature System. This philosophy carried over into its redesigned logo, website and print catalog - all on display at http://www.SCOTTEVEST.com. SeV has also launched a comprehensive video and social media program and has produced hundreds of hours of professional video in the form of product demonstrations as well as the interactive "Ask Scott" feature, hosted by CEO Scott Jordan.
For more information about the Scott Jordan Signature System and Scott Jordan, including press-ready photography and background information, please visit http://www.SCOTTEVEST.com/company/scott_jordan.shtml
Several samples are available for review by select major media - please contact email@example.com for availability.
Press Contact: Thom O'Leary