La Jolla, CA (PRWEB) September 23, 2008
This month the official Intellectual Property Organization of China announced the publication of a new book on IP by Weston Anson entitled Intellectual Property and Brand Values in China. This international speaker, author, and expert on intellectual property is now accepting dates in 2009 for key note speeches, conferences, CLEs, and corporate speaking engagements.
In addition to the China publication, over the last five years Mr. Anson has authored multiple top-selling books for the American Bar Association including:
- Fundamentals of Intellectual Property Valuation: A Primer for Identifying and Determining Value
- The Intangible Assets Handbook: Maximizing Value from Intangible Assets
- Valuation, Damages and Expert Witnesses.
Mr. Anson has also just completed a new book for Kaplan Publishing entitled The Attorney's Guide to the Business Mind: An Expert Explains Corporate Clients, Finance, and the Instincts of an MBA, which will appear in book stores in early December.
In 2009 a speaking tour has been planned to capitalize on his 30+ years of intellectual property consulting and management experience. His consulting expertise ranges across all types of intellectual property and intangible assets and includes: evaluation and valuation; licensing strategy development and implementation; sale, disposition and/or negotiation support; and, expert witness services on major litigation support projects.
Mr. Anson's comprehensive experiences include:
- Client assignments ranging across multiple contexts including bankruptcy, litigation support, deal negotiation and taxation:
- Bankruptcy and litigation support projects for top 100 IP law firms including Arent Fox, Dorsey & Whitney, Fish & Richardson, Greenberg Traurig, Kilpatrick Stockton, Kirkland & Ellis, Loeb & Loeb, O'Melveny & Myers, Venable, Winston & Strawn, and Wiley Rein
- Corporate strategic IP evaluation and management projects for S&P 500 companies including Sony, Unilever, Quinn Emanuel, DuPont, Ford, IBM, Marvel Entertainment, Owens Corning, Proctor & Gamble and Xerox Corporation.
- Rights of Publicity, endorsement value and strategic licensing analyses for major entertainment properties including Dr. Seuss, The Allman Brothers, The Eagles, Marlon Brando and Rosa Parks.
- Valuation projects for major financial institutions like Bank of America, the Blackstone Group, CIT Business Credit, Citigroup, GE Capital, JP Morgan Chase, MasterCard, MBNA, Merrill Lynch, VISA International and Wells Fargo
- Serving as Senior Partner and Chairman of CONSOR, the oldest independent IP consulting firm in North America.
- Chairing the group of experts that recently won $305 million dollars for Adidas in the largest trademark damages award in history.
- Major presentations at international IP conferences in the United Kingdom, France, China, Argentina, Viet Nam, Hong Kong, Mexico, and the U.S.
- More than a decade of experience on the Board of the two largest licensing industry associations: the Licensing Executive Society and the Licensing Industry Merchandisers Association.
- Authoring more than 150 publications in leading publications on the topics of intellectual property valuation, licensing, and strategic management.
Potential speaking topics include:
- The Rise of Chinese Brands in the Global Economy
- Maximizing Value from Corporate IP
- Intellectual Property and the Knowledge Economy
- Effective Entertainment and IP Litigation Support and Valuation
- Managing and Valuing IP and Technology Assets in Bankruptcy and M & A
For additional information on potential speaking opportunities, please contact Kandee Cole at 800.454.9091 x220.