(PRWEB) September 22, 2008
Thanks to your comments and the requests made on our discussion group we have been able to bring PURE (PURE Unobtrusive Rendering Engine) to its next step.
This release contains a few corrections but also a lot of new features:
- Auto Rendering: a new PURE method takes your HTML and your JSON data and merges them automatically. The class attribute is used to map the HTML and the data. (Read more about autoRender and its jQuery version on our Wiki).
- Recursive Template Call
- Functions as directive are called by reference and not serialized
- Attach events to your HTML
- Change the id of the template root node (as any other attribute)
- Better string value handling
- Use of named properties in iteration "obj.prop" as well as "obj('name')"
We also made some changes to the PURE environment:
- The Home page and the Getting Started page have been re-done, including more examples
- The source code moved from Google Code to GitHub
- You can find now a technical documentation on the GitHub Wiki
- You can report bugs on Lighthouse
- There is a dedicated jQuery Plugin project
- You can discuss about PURE in French on our French discussion group
We are also actively looking for help in order to port PURE to other JS libraries such as DomAssistant, Dojo, Mootools, Prototype, YUI, …
If you are ready to get your hands dirty, just pass by the discussion group and leave us a message.
For additional information or if you want to comment this news, please visit the original online post