EPDS has helped us double our business without adding additional administrative personnel. Axiom Software has been a key strategic business partner, helping us optimize growth and profitability
Valhalla, NY (PRWEB) September 22, 2008
Valhalla, NY - (September 22, 2008) - Axiom Software, a leading developer of enterprise solutions for electronic and fastener parts distribution companies, has announced that it will release the newest version of its Electronic Parts Distribution Software (EPDS), version 9.1, in October. It is the first Windows Vista-compliant version of EPDS.
EPDS, an all-in-one enterprise solution, integrates front and back office operations seamlessly. The system is built to effectively share information, optimize operations, analyze the health of a business, build customer loyalty and increase satisfaction.
The system manages, tracks and monitors operations from the first client call through the completion of the shipment process. It provides numerous 'flash inquiries' to see all information about a specific customer, item or vendor with the ability to research more specific information.
A unique instant messaging feature that links system information to a message enables users to instantly and efficiently communicate with one another.
"EPDS has helped us double our business without adding additional administrative personnel. Axiom Software has been a key strategic business partner, helping us optimize growth and profitability," said Frank Berte, president, All Tech Electronics, Inc.
Jeffrey Yagoda, president of Axiom, said that EPDS version 9.1 was developed in direct response to customer feedback. "Our system enables customers to be more productive by providing them tools to sell better, purchase smarter, count better and manage their inventory better," he said. "As customers increase their efficiency and grow, they can maintain their bottom line without having to increase operating costs."
EPDS version 9.1, which is currently in beta, has the following new features:
- Enhanced Cycle Counting Process that uses ABC classification to automatically select items to be counted;
- Export Master Data enables any data from EPDS to be exported into Microsoft Excel for further evaluation and analysis;
- Automatically Allocate Expenses by Profit Center when recording vendor invoices provides faster entry and greater accuracy for the distribution of expenses;
- New A/R Aging By Branch Option allows accounts receivable information to be printed by branch, enabling companies to manage their customer receivables by location; and
- Customer Ranking features enable users to rank customers based upon user defined criteria. Customer ranking enables the user to make better decisions about product allocations, quoted delivery times, pricing and recognizing the top drivers of gross margin.
Other new features include order entry warehouse priority; a new shipping option to ship backorder complete; new support for self insurance; added ability to print address shipping labels during order fulfillment; automatic reservation and/or transfer of inventory from counter sales; freight calculator option during shipping process; new summary options for cash receipts journal; ability to classify items by manufacturer series or product line; and added process and reporting for meet competitor contracts functions; among others.
Axiom Software is located at 400 Columbus Avenue, Valhalla, NY 10595. For additional information, visit http://www.axiomsw.com or call 914.769.8800.
About Axiom Software: Axiom Software is a leading developer of enterprise solutions for electronics and fastener parts distribution companies. Developed for both franchised and independent distributors, Axiom's EPDS, for electronic parts distributors and FDS, for fastener distributors, provides both common and industry-specific features and functions.