Dallas, TX, (PRWEB) September 25, 2008
"West coast or bust!" is the rallying cry of eight Christian fantasy fiction authors on a fun-filled, grass roots mission to spread the good news about their fast-growing genre. While sales of other literary categories decline, Christian fantasy blazes hot with the upcoming big screen releases of J.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit" and C.S. Lewis' continuing Narnia series. Oct. 3-11, the Motiv8 Fantasy Fiction Tour will set its course due west to visit thousands of fans at scheduled book-signings, school and church programs, humanitarian outreaches, and a book fair. Fans on any coast can watch the Motiv8 authors 24/7 on their new TV channel at http://www.fantasyfictiontour.com.
Motiv8 Tour cities and dates include Seattle, WA on Oct. 4; Medford, OR on Oct. 5; Sacramento, CA on Oct. 6; Fresno, CA on Oct. 7; Reedley, CA on Oct. 8; Los Angeles, CA on Oct. 9, Sun Valley, CA on Oct. 10; and San Diego, CA on Oct. 11. A pre-tour date has been added in Abbotsford, British Columbia on Oct. 3. Along the way, the Motiv8 authors will sign books and engage in sword fighting at Barnes and Nobles in Sacramento and San Diego, teach the power of storytelling to students at Reedley High School, and encourage child litearcy at charity events in and near Fresno.
The popular adage "the more, the merrier" best explains the fantasy fiction tour's decision to double its membership to eight authors in 2008. Two women and six men wearing medieval cloaks and armed with swords of steel--and truth--comprise the eclectic band of faith-based storytellers. Though representing eight separate publishers and coming from different parts of the U.S, the authors are bound by their love for God and the fictional worlds, characters, and themes they have created in 37 ground-breaking novels.
Also new is the sojourners' partnership with Character 4 Kids, a charitable outreach to place books with moral character and values into the hands of children during scheduled events at Fresno Read and The Children's Hospital of Central California on Oct. 7.
The Motiv8 Fantasy Fiction Tour will feature the following authors:
- Sharon Hinck is a wife and mother of four from Minnesota. Sharon was named 2007 "Writer of the Year" at Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference. In March, she released The Restorer's Journey, the third book in her popular Sword of Lyric (NavPress) fantasy series for women. She is also author of the non-fantasy, award-winning The Secret Life of Becky Miller and the upcoming release of Stepping into Sunlight.
- Bryan Davis, a former computer professional living in Western Tennessee, is the author of two best-selling series for youth, titled Dragons in our Midst and Oracles of Fire. In May, Bryan debuted Beyond the Reflection's Edge (Zondervan), the first book in his new fantasy series Echoes from the Edge, and the second book of the series Eternity's Edge will release in October.
- Christopher Hopper is an international speaker, recording artist and ordained minister who lives with his wife and two children in northern New York. Christopher's first book was the popular Rise of The Dibor, The White Lion Chronicles, and his latest book The Lion Vrie (Tsaba House) released last June.
- Wayne Thomas Batson is a public middle school teacher from Eldersburg, MD and author of two best-selling young adult fantasy series The Door Within trilogy and Isle of Swords (Thomas Nelson). His latest The Isle of Fire, the second in the Isle of Sword series, will release in September.
- Donita K. Paul is a retired school teacher from Colorado, whose passion for literacy compels her to speak in schools and libraries about the importance of story. Dragon Keeper Chronicles (Waterbrook Press), her five-book series, has won acclaim.
- LB Graham is a teacher at Westminster Christian Academy in St. Louis, MO. LB is the author of The Binding of the Blade (P&R Publishing), an epic five-volume series for fantasy readers of all ages. The much anticipated final installment in the series All My Holy Mountain will release in June.
- Jonathan Rogers grew up in Georgia near the swamps and riverbottoms where his The Wilderking (B&H Publishing) fantasy series is based. He holds a PH.D. in seventeenth-century English literature from Vanderbilt University and currently lives in Nashville, TN.
- Eric Reinhold is a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy, who lives with his wife and three children in Longwood, Florida. Eric writes for numerous financial magazines as a certified financial planner and serves as President of Academy Wealth Management. Ryann Watters and the King's Sword (Creation House), the first book in his The Annals of Aeliana series, was released in May.
On a shoe-string budget and a prayer, in 2007 the first-ever Christian fantasy fiction tour, known as the Fantasy 4 Fiction Tour, successfully launched with four authors caravanning to events in 15 cities throughout the eastern U.S. The unprecedented initiative drew the attention of fans, industry peers, and mainstream media who conjectured, "Could the next Harry Potter be a devout Christian?"
The 2007 Fantasy 4Fiction Tour was covered in the Washington Post, Fox News, Christian Retailing magazine, Beliefnet.com, Publisher's Weekly magazine, and The Associated Press' Everything Sacred broadcast, among other media outlets, and fantasy websites and blogs. For the second consecutive year, RealArmorofGod.com has signed on as a sponsor to outfit the authors with medieval swords and clothing.
For more information about the Motiv8 Fantasy Fiction Tour authors, scheduled events, TV program, book titles and blogs, please visit http://www.fantasyfictiontour.com.
Media interested in Motiv8 Fantasy Fiction Tour interviews, book review copies, videos, photos and other information should contact Gregg Wooding, I AM PR Services, 972-567-7660 mobile or gwooding(at)texasprototypes.com