Hoboken, NJ (PRWEB) September 24, 2008
In THE TRUTH ABOUT CHEATING, experienced family counselor and author M. Gary Neuman reveals the results of a study in which he interviewed and studied 200 men - one hundred cheaters and one hundred non-cheaters. According to THE TRUTH ABOUT CHEATING, there are eight steps cheating men MUST take before their wives can take them back. Some are obvious and others are surprising but necessary for healing after an affair:
- Apologize for infidelities
- Be willing to listen - Let your wife have the opportunity to share her pain
- Discuss the affair - Only discuss details that refer to the issue of how the affair came about. Sharing too much can be harmful to reconciliation
- Change your lifestyle - Both spouses should put thought and energy into understanding why the affair happened and how to avoid letting it happen again
- Discuss the changes you feel are required from your spouse
- Be prepared to make changes to your life, even if you believe they did not contribute to the infidelity
- Commit to a long period of healing - It takes many months, up to a year, for a spouse to relax and trust a partner who has had an affair
- Remember that rebuilding trust will be achieved through your loving focus
Drawing from M. Gary Neuman's extensive research on infidelity and dramatic case studies of unfaithful husbands, THE TRUTH ABOUT CHEATING includes practical strategies and quick action steps that help married women prevent infidelity and foster faithful, rewarding marriages.
About the author:
M. Gary Neuman (Miami Beach, FL) is a licensed family counselor and rabbi. His extensive media appearances include Oprah, the Today show, Good Morning America, The View, Dateline NBC, the NBC Nightly News, and the CBS Weekend News. Print coverage of Neuman and his work has appeared in the Washington Post, the Chicago Tribune, Time, People, Cosmopolitan, Parenting, and other publications.
For more information, to read excerpts, or watch video of M. Gary Neuman, please visit http://www.truthaboutcheating.com