To deliver the sophisticated communications services they need to remain competitive, Enterprises must become adept at managing increasingly complex circuit types
Toronto, ON (PRWEB) September 23, 2008
CommSolv, Canada's leading telecom software provider announces the availability of version 3.5 of the CommSolv Telecom Management Software Suite. In this release, CommSolv supports the growing demand for communications departments to deliver increasingly sophisticated services by adding end to end lifecycle management for advanced communications circuits.
CommSolv version 3.5 includes:
Support for Dark Fiber, SONET (OC-3 to OC-192), Co-location Cross-Connect and SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition) multipoint circuits. This means enterprises can now effectively procure, inventory, provision, assign/design and control these sophisticated circuits - a management capability previously available only to Communications Service Providers using sophisticated and expensive OSS software. Support is provided for assets managed in-house as well as those leased from Service Providers.
Support for ROADM (SONET Add/Drop Multiplexors) chassis and associated cards, SCADA and media converter equipment, providing operational management of advanced communications services down to the port level.
Support for E1 and E3 circuits to allow centralization of multi-national communications assets.
"To deliver the sophisticated communications services they need to remain competitive, Enterprises must become adept at managing increasingly complex circuit types," said Dennis Dos Santos, CEO of CommSolv. "Our product now helps them do this and leads the industry in delivering service-provider class OSS software at a price point and level of usability that meets the needs of all enterprise users."
With this new release, CommSolv also makes it faster and easier for organizations to get started with their communications asset management programs:
- New self-service importing capabilities allow customers to incrementally load and validate their telecom circuit inventory as soon as they collect and audit the data. This allows organizations to get started more quickly with the CommSolv application.
- New project-based order management capabilities now integrated into the CommSolv telecom provisioning software add support for complex communication service delivery, providing coordinated ordering and provisioning processes for multiple circuits and services.
- New Quick Start Guides and professional services programs also help organizations to get going rapidly with a more formalized communications asset management program.
- CommSolv has also added the latest in web-usability techniques to its product, to improve user satisfaction and increase efficiency in managing communications assets. New features include:
- Type-ahead selection fields that remove the guesswork from selecting Locations, Groups, Projects and Suppliers
- User defined telecom inventory views, allowing users to list exactly the asset attributes that are important to them, streamlining their telecom inventory management processes
- Advanced support for logical circuits. Users can quickly locate and view the physical facility and equipment terminations of all their logical circuits
CommSolv develops on-demand telecommunications software solutions that help enterprises and service providers simplify the management of their corporate communications assets. The CommSolv Communications Asset Management platform enables these organizations to centralize, streamline and automate the complete lifecycle of managing and operating their WAN, Voice and Internet services and equipment. By building accurate, easy to manage inventories of all their telecom assets, organizations can gain control of the runaway costs associated with traditional and converged voice and data communications services and wireless assets. CommSolv customers and partners include a growing list of some of the world's most successful enterprises and service providers. Founded in 1999, CommSolv is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario and has U.S. offices in New York, Atlanta and Chicago. For additional information, please visit http://www.commsolv.com.