Dallas, TX (Vocus) September 23, 2008
Broadlane is pleased to announce the appointment of Tom Sherry to chief operating officer. He replaces David Ricker who became president and chief executive officer last month.
"Tom has been an integral part of the Broadlane organization since its inception," said David Ricker, president and chief executive officer, Broadlane. "Most recently, he's done an exceptional job leading our highly involved, hands-on client service - one of Broadlane's core business functions. As COO, Tom's experience and abilities will allow for continual improvement of our operational excellence and performance-driven metrics."
"We could not be more pleased with Tom's new role at Broadlane," said Dean Edwards, chief procurement officer and vice president, Kaiser Permanente. "He has been essential to the success of Kaiser Permanente's relationship with Broadlane, and we know he will bring even greater value to the services Broadlane provides."
Sherry was previously executive vice president, client care, at Broadlane. In this position, he was responsible for leading the client care department and ensuring each client's needs were being proactively met by his client care teams. Prior to Broadlane, Sherry served as senior vice president of sales and services at Promedix, a business-to-business specialty medical products marketplace. Sherry also served as senior vice president of distribution at Owens & Minor. Prior to his tenure at O&M, he served as executive vice president of sales at Stuart Medical. Sherry holds a bachelor's degree in business administration from Central Michigan University.
"I'm looking forward to my new role as COO of Broadlane," said Sherry. "Our clients need to have confidence that our daily operations run efficiently. My objective as COO includes focusing on Broadlane's core processes to streamline them and ensure we are delivering excellent service to our clients. I also want to continue to track our quality- and service-oriented metrics to continue to improve all aspects of our company's operations."
Broadlane is the leading technology-oriented healthcare services company, reducing cost and creating operational efficiencies for thousands of acute care hospitals, ambulatory care facilities, physician practices and other healthcare providers in the United States. Its core services include supply chain management and clinical workforce management services.
Broadlane's comprehensive supply chain services include:
- Unparalleled national and custom contracting for supplies, pharmaceuticals, equipment and purchased services
- Innovative Procurement Services and purchase transaction management
- Clinical Services for managing clinical preference items and operating room and cath lab spending
- Comprehensive Materials Management Services - including outsourcing
- Informatics - benchmarking, advanced analytics and reporting
- Supply chain technology and e-commerce
Broadlane Workforce Management™ addresses nurses and allied healthcare practitioners and includes:
- External shift and agency management services
- Internal shift management, including electronic shift auctions
- Regional nurse float pool management and internal agency management
- E-commerce workforce exchange linking healthcare providers, clinical staff and agencies, enabling efficient shift management and fulfillment and reconciliation
The Preference Group™, a division of Broadlane, consults with healthcare facilities to help manage the cost of clinical items and processes. The Preference Group's specialized clinical programs include:
- Medication Use Management (MUM)
- Orthopedic Management Program
- Cardiovascular Management Program
- And many others
Broadlane's clients include leading providers such as Advocate Health Care, Ascension Health, Beaumont Hospitals, CHRISTUS Health, Continuum Health Partners, Kaiser Permanente, Kindred Healthcare, MedCath Corporation, New Hanover Regional Medical Center, Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth Health System, St. Luke's Episcopal Health System, Tenet Healthcare, The Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati, US Oncology and UMass Memorial Health Care.
The company is headquartered in Dallas with offices in Cincinnati, Detroit, Houston, New York City and Oakland. For more information, visit http://www.broadlane.com.
jim.webb @ broadlane.com