San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) September 25, 2008
TeeBeeDee (http://www.tbd.com), a social network for adults 40+ who believe life is still to be determined, offers insights and advice directly from TeeBeeDee members. TeeBeeDee is a leading destination for the boomer generation, typically described as adults between 44-64 years old. Boomers represent over 77 million people in the U.S. and are one of the fastest growing segments online. Boomers are embracing social networks like TeeBeeDee in greater numbers because they can meet new friends and learn from people with similar life experiences. At TeeBeeDee, boomers come together to share and discuss their passions across a wide variety of topics such as pets, cooking, travel, family, and genealogy. It is also the place where boomers ask questions and receive advice on careers, finance, family, health, relationships, sex over 40, friendships, and much more.
On TeeBeeDee, our community has told us that one of the most common issues boomers face is how to keep a long-term relationship fresh and exciting.
TeeBeeDee Boomer Experience Bank: Five Tips for Rekindling Romance:
If you've been married or in a relationship for some time, the thrill and excitement might have worn off. But it doesn't have to stay that way. Try these TeeBeeDee member tips for keeping the fires burning:
- Schedule Time for Intimacy: Scheduling time for intimate conversation or sex may sound unromantic, but it's the best way to ensure your relationship makes it through the busy schedules many of us have. From going out on a special date night, or just to planning time at home to focus on your loved one, turn off the TV and talk!
- Be Flexible: It's a good idea to schedule time together, perhaps even a 6 month plan, but it's also important to be flexible. If you can't make it to your romantic date night this week, don't give up. Substitute with a simple plan at home the next day. Light a candle, share a glass of wine, and make time to talk.
- Surprise Them with Something New: Go the extra mile to try something new -- especially in the bedroom. Instead of just going out to dinner or a movie, get tickets to see your partner's favorite sports team or favorite opera. Try the new jazz club in town, or visit a part of the city you don't usually frequent. Take a hike, go wine tasting, or to a new museum.
- Talk, Talk, Talk: Blackberries and cell phones rarely make for great dates. This is your time to reconnect with the most important person in your life. Rather than glance at your email, pay attention to your partner.
- Dress to Impress: Remember how excited you were on your very first date? It's likely that you spent serious time putting yourself together and it worked! Take a little extra time, make an effort, and rekindle memories of your first date.
- Touch and Have Fun: Shared laughter is a great way to reconnect. Romance should be playful and physical. Run your fingers through his hair. Remember how good that makes him feel? Hold her hand as you walk back to the car. While your romantic date may not be entirely effortless, it really should be a lot of fun.
TeeBeeDee is a social network for people 40+ who know that life is still To Be Determined. TeeBeeDee is the place where people who have lived a little meet to reinvigorate their lives with new friendships and make the most of life's "second half." TeeBeeDee's social networking platform includes groups, discussions, private messaging, Q&A, profiles, quizzes, polls, alerts, tags, photos, and original editorial content. At TeeBeeDee, boomers come together to share and discuss their passions across a wide variety of interests such as pets, cooking, travel, family and genealogy. It is also the place where boomers ask questions and receive advice on topics as varied as careers, finance, family, health, relationships, sex over 40, and much more. For more information visit http:// http://www.tbd.com.