Just as parents select the books their children read and the TV shows they watch, the same level of parental involvement applies with the Glubble Library of Web content. After all, parents are the only experts of what content is suitable for their children.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) September 25, 2008
Glubble (http://glubble.com), an online activity center for families with children under 12, has launched a new edition that provides family members more ways to play, share, learn and discover together online.
The New Glubble for Families introduces a new look with exciting features for parents and children, including Kids Pages, Collections with tons of fun Web sites, secure chat and instant messaging, photo albums and downloadable Play Art.
The Family Pages let parents set up their private homepage where they can leave messages on the Message Wall, create online photo albums and organize their family's busy schedule by using the Family Events feature to post appointments, birthdays, holidays and reminders. Parents have the ability to pre-approve the Web sites that their children can access and can easily add new sites at any time to ensure Glubble grows with their child's interests.
According to Glubble Co-Founder and CEO, Willem-Jan Schutte, "Just as parents select the books their children read and the TV shows they watch, the same level of parental involvement applies with the Glubble Library of Web content. After all, parents are the only experts of what content is suitable for their children."
Glubble's new Family Page features:
- Message Wall: family members can use the Message Wall to leave notes for their entire family to read.
- Photo Albums: families can securely upload, tag and share photos with one another, with the entire family receiving instant notifications when new images are added to their photo album.
- Family Events: families can transfer their refrigerator to-do lists of upcoming birthdays, school field trips and doctor's appointments onto Glubble, and use the Family Events feature to manage their family's busy schedule.
- Glubble Library: parents have one-click access to their customized library of Web sites they've approved for their children to access--and can easily add new Web sites at any time.
- Kids Monitor: parents can monitor which games, learning exercises and Web sites their kids are visiting and enjoying.
New features for Kids Pages include:
- Messaging and Chat: area for children to post messages for their entire family to read, or for instant messaging with individual family members.
- My Gotcha's: downloadable Play Art Toys featuring several sets of original characters and creatures that children download and construct into toys for hours of "offline play."
- My Collections: archive featuring a wide range of carefully selected Web sites bursting full of fun activities.
- My Photos: feature that lets children share and view the photos from the Family Photo Albums.
Alexander van Elsas, Glubble's SVP of Operations, explains: "As parents we face the challenge of educating and protecting our children. Glubble's Family Pages bring the best of online social communication to the home and extended family. Now all members of the family--be they parents and children living under the same roof or grandparents and cousins residing in different cities--have their own online gathering place, with activities made especially for them."
Glubble has also forged new relationships with contributors and partners, including Highlights Magazine, Sittercity and Yahoo! The partnerships promote the importance of parents being involved with their children's online experience by providing helpful parenting advice for parents and fun learning exercises and games for children.
In addition to the new features, Glubble has expanded the breadth of content within its already popular activities of fun games, interactive quizzes, creative handicraft, printable coloring pages, audio books and educational exercises. With over 300,000 downloads to date and a community of users that have added over 300,000 of their "favorite" Web sites to the Glubble network, usage is up 300% in the last quarter.
For more information, please visit: http://www.Glubble.com.
Glubble is an online activity center that turns playing and surfing on the Internet into an experience for the entire family. Developed for families with children under 12, kids can play thousands of games, watch cartoons, print coloring pages, download Play Art toys, learn their ABCs, arithmetic and foreign languages and surf Web sites that have been pre-approved by their parents.
Parents create the family's private homepage where they can send messages to their kids, add family members--including grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins--upload family photo albums and organize the family's busy calendar of events.
Fun, free and safe, Glubble is where families play! Become a member today at: http://www.Glubble.com