It has reduced the amount of time spent doing the schedule, which will allow staff to spend more time clinically with the patients. It has improved the skill mix of the staff on the wards and ensures the right skills are available on certain shifts. Staff are reporting that the schedule is fair and people are not taking shifts because no one else wants them.
Natick, MA (PRWEB) September 25, 2008
Interbit Data, the leading provider of software to improve healthcare efficiency, today announces an alliance with Manpower Software plc, the leading clinical optimization and scheduling solution provider for the U.K. healthcare market. This alliance allows Interbit Data to offer this powerful scheduling solution to North American MEDITECH organizations, helping hospitals improve the allocation of nursing and clinical staff to more effectively meet patient demands.
"The MAPS Healthroster system stood out from the competitors," said Lyn McIntyre, Assistant Director of Nursing, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge University Hospitals, NHS Foundation Trust in Cambridge, U.K. "The staff likes it, feels that it is intuitive and likes the company's understanding of the differences and complexities of scheduling different areas of the hospital, whether it be Maternity, ER or a general unit."
"Interbit Data is excited about introducing the MAPS Health Suite into the MEDITECH community of hospitals and welcomes this opportunity to partner with a recognized leader in the field of scheduling," states Arthur Young, President of Interbit Data. "This agreement enables us to provide a solution that solves a major challenge facing healthcare organizations. This alliance is a natural fit for us as it aligns with our strength of providing software solutions that enhance the MEDITECH HCIS and addresses key operational challenges."
MAPS Health Suite
Used to manage the entire workforce process, MAPS Health Suite is more than just a scheduling solution. Designed for managers and staff alike, they can easily optimize clinical resources, identifying and remedying the cause and impact of staffing issues. With MAPS Health Suite, hospitals are able to easily implement a complex schedule and efficiently manage their temporary staff. Healthcare organizations are able to implement the software throughout their organizations and realize the following benefits:
- Ease of use - provides exceptional ease of use for all clinical staff
- Powerful scheduling - offers unlimited rules to handle an organization's unique scheduling needs
- Extreme flexibility - enables scheduling of a wide range of clinical resources
- Total schedule automation - eliminates the need for manual schedule creation
These benefits are possible due to the following differentiating features:
- Real world foundation. MAPS Health Suite uses a model that supports the real world, ever changing healthcare environment, enabling the product to create schedules that continue to work for the long term. Without the right foundation that changes with the organization, scheduling will not work long term.
- Simple yet sophisticated schedule creation. MAPS Health Suite is developed to support a very complex scheduling environment (like ICU, ER, etc) while providing a very simple user experience. Without a comprehensive yet very straightforward schedule creation, staff will not support the use of the system.
- Benefits focused schedule creation. Simply replicating the existing manual process electronically will not deliver significant benefit. Better schedules must be created with clear visibility of problems that impact clinical care or lead to financial inefficiency. Without effective analysis and optimization, efficiencies and savings will not be achieved.
MAPS Health Suite "has improved staff morale, which, in turn, we know will improve the patient experience," commented Lyn McIntyre. "It has reduced the amount of time spent doing the schedule, which will allow staff to spend more time clinically with the patients. It has improved the skill mix of the staff on the wards and ensures the right skills are available on certain shifts. Staff are reporting that the schedule is fair and people are not taking shifts because no one else wants them."
About Manpower Software
Manpower Software plc is the leading workforce optimization software applications provider for global organizations with large, multi-skilled workforces. With over 17 year's experience, they ensure customers can match operational demands with workforce supply. Using MAPS, Manpower Software's workforce optimization application, organizations can deploy the right people with the right skills, to the right place, at the right time. Founded in 1991, Manpower Software plc is a British public company listed on the UK AIM stock market. For more information about Manpower Software, visit their website at http://www.manpowersoftware.com.
About Interbit Data, Inc.
Founded in 1997, Interbit Data helps healthcare organizations deliver better, more consistent patient care with secure, reliable and cost-effective software solutions that improve operational efficiency. Our information distribution products deliver information securely over the Internet in multiple formats, such as fax, print, email, as a file or in HL7 format for integration into physicians' practice EMRs. Our business continuance products give healthcare providers continuous access to patient data in the event of a network or system outage. Interbit Data products are used in more than 550 MEDITECH® customers worldwide. For more information about Interbit Data or the NetSolutions products, visit their website at http://www.interbitdata.com.