We are pleased that CivilianJobs.com Job Fairs are helping Hire Vets First expand the job services available to veteran job seekers
Atlanta, Georgia (PRWEB) September 28, 2008
CivilianJobs.com, where America's military connects with civilian careers, announced the 2009 Military Job Fairs schedule today. The company will host more than twenty military job fairs in fifteen states on the following dates:
- January 16: Fort Rucker, Enterprise, Ala.
- January 28: Robins AFB, Warner Robins, Ga.
- January 29: MCAS Beaufort, Beaufort, S.C.
- January 30: Fort Stewart, Hinesville, Ga.
- February 12: Camp Pendleton, Oceanside, Calif.
- February 26: Moody AFB, Valdosta, Ga.
- March 13: MCAS Yuma, Yuma, Ariz.
- March 25: Sheppard Air Force Base, Wichita Falls, Texas
- March 26: Fort Sill, Lawton, Okla.
- April 17: Naval Base Kitsap-Bremerton, Silverdale, Wash.
- April 29: Dyess AFB, Abilene, Texas
- May 14: Fort Dix, Wrightstown, N.J.
- May 28: Fort Drum, Watertown, N.Y.
- June 11: Fort Carson, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- June 25: NWS Charleston, Goose Creek, S.C.
- August 14: MCAS, New River, Jacksonville, N.C.
- August 20: Naval Station Norfolk, Norfolk, Va.
- September 10: Fort Campbell, Oak Grove, Ky.
- September 24: Fort Benning, Columbus, Ga.
- October 8: Fort Hood, Killeen, Texas
- October 23: Fort Polk, Leesville, La.
- November 13: Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Montgomery, Ala.
- December 2: Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas
- December 3: NAS Corpus Christi, Corpus Christi, Texas
A limited number of employer booths are still available for the remaining 2008 CivilianJobs.com military job fairs:
- October 2: Nellis AFB, Las Vegas, Nev.
- October 22: Fort Stewart, Hinesville, Ga.
- November 6: Fort Hood, Killeen, Texas
- December 4: Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas
Each military job fair hosted by CivilianJobs.com is free to transitioning military and veteran job seekers. "We are very excited to expand our military job fairs program in 2009," said George Bernloehr, Vice President of Operations of CivilianJobs.com. "CivilianJobs.com Job Fairs complement our recruiting services ˗ a job board exclusively for veterans and military-experienced candidates, and a world-wide career advice base newspaper - giving employers the most effective and efficient sourcing options for military-experienced talent."
CivilianJobs.com is working in partnership with Hire Vets First, started by the President's National Hire Veterans Committee, to assist veterans in obtaining post-military careers with these military-specific job fairs.
"We are pleased that CivilianJobs.com Job Fairs are helping Hire Vets First expand the job services available to veteran job seekers," said Charles S. Ciccolella, Assistant Secretary for Veterans' Employment and Training, U.S. Department of Labor. "Veterans make great employees, and any companies attending CivilianJobs.com Job Fairs will be introduced to this important talent pool."
About CivilianJobs.com and Military Job Fairs
CivilianJobs.com is the web site where America's military connects with civilian careers. The site offers employers and job seekers access to an online job board, military job fairs, and employer advertising in a world-wide military base newspaper. These services provide employers with the most efficient and cost-effective way to access the ex-military talent pool for candidates with backgrounds in fields such as transportation, maintenance, administrative / finance, healthcare, IT, telecom and law enforcement as well as for positions that require security clearances. CivilianJobs.com is headquartered in metro-Atlanta, GA, and can be found on the web at http://www.CivilianJobs.com.