Tarrytown, N.Y. (PRWEB) September 30, 2008
Open-Xchange Inc., the leading provider of open source groupware for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), schools and government, today announced the availability of Open-Xchange Server Edition, the successor to Open-Xchange Server 5.
Open-Xchange software includes email, calendar, contacts, tasks and document sharing to provide organizations with all the tools needed to facilitate effective teamwork and document sharing anywhere, anytime, with any device. Users can improve communication and teamwork with simple, intuitive tools and smart features, such as links between calendar appointments, task lists, contacts, documents, bookmarks and knowledge articles.
"Open-Xchange in the form of Software as a Service (SaaS) is already being used by millions of SMBs, schools and government bodies around the world," said Rafael Laguna, CEO of Open-Xchange. "The new Server Edition takes advantage of the breakthroughs of the SaaS Edition to bring these capabilities to those who want use Open-Xchange on-premise. The software integrates into existing IT infrastructures and provides the option to add other applications via standard APIs, which enables organizations to have customized groupware solutions at affordable prices."
Open-Xchange Server is installed by more than 3,500 companies and organizations worldwide. Open-Xchange Server Edition uses the same code foundation as Open-Xchange Hosting Edition, which is used by more than 8 million users worldwide as hosted business-class email, personal information management (PIM), and full groupware solutions built on Open-Xchange.
Unique features of Open-Xchange Server Edition include:
- AJAX-based user interface, which enables easy management of emails, contacts, tasks and document sharing without prior training.
- Customization of the user interface (GUI) allows enterprise customers to adapt the look and feel of Open-Xchange to different themes and their corporate design.
- "Mashup" capabilities powered by UWA (Netvibes Universal Widget API) enable easy integration of web applications, such as RSS feeds, podcasts, video channels, Salesforce.com, and SAP Business One, so that the Open-Xchange software serves as the user's central information portal.
- Plug-in architecture for the graphical user interface (GUI) enables smooth integration of Instant Messaging tools, support for text messages and fax to help unify communications and reduce the need for managing multiple address books.
- Automatic detection of potentially harmful phishing emails and also enables users to select the option to block pictures in HTML emails. Plus, now users can manage their emails based on filter rules, to reduce their day-to-day workload.
- Fully-modular architecture, which enables easy integration into existing IT infrastructures and simplifies implementation and does not require migration of email data.
- Support for the latest Enterprise Linux distributions -- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and SUSE Linux Enterprise Linux 10, which delivers guaranteed stability for long-term enterprise use.
- OSGi framework support enables easy integration of third-party applications, such as CRM and ERP. Moreover, updates of all modules can be installed with almost no downtime of Open-Xchange, which is key for use in large enterprises as it ensures 24/7 availability of the system.
Pricing and availability
Open-Xchange Server Edition is available as of today through a list of select partners. A maintenance subscription including updates, patches and security fixes for 25 users is $1,312.50, for the first year, and $328.13 in following years. Every additional user is $52.50 in the first year, and $13.13 for following years. Support contracts with various service levels are available for Open-Xchange Server Edition, as well. Users with valid software subscriptions for Open-Xchange Server 5 can upgrade to Open-Xchange Server Edition without additional license and software cost. For further information, please visit http://www.open-xchange.com/OXSE.
About Open-Xchange Inc.
Open-Xchange Inc. is the innovator of scalable and integrated open source email and collaboration solutions for enterprises, academic institutions, and government authorities. Open-Xchange Hosting Edition enables web hosting companies to provide an easy-to-use and feature-rich application delivered as Software as a Service (SaaS). The Open-Xchange Hosting Edition is architected to integrate into a hosting provider's existing infrastructure such as authentication, provisioning, billing, and email storage and does not require that these systems be replaced.
To date, Open-Xchange has grown to more than 8 million paid mailboxes this year (a 4 times increase from last year) as a result of deals with 1&1 - the #1 hosting company worldwide; Network Solutions - the #3 hosting company in the U.S.; OVH - the #1 hosting company in France; Hostpoint - the #1 hosting company in Switzerland.
Open-Xchange Inc. is a privately-held company headquartered in Tarrytown, N.Y., with research, development, and operations in Olpe and Nuremberg, Germany. For more information, please visit http://www.open-xchange.com.