Many of the recruiting and staffing services we have worked with over the past thirty years have had their own special needs
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) October 1, 2008
In today's hotly-contested recruiting and staffing market, managing cost of service delivery and differentiating one's business from that of the competitors is perhaps the most critical components of a successful business practice. VCG gives recruiting and staffing firms new tools to achieve these goals with version 1.3 of their Pointwing recruiting software (http://www.pointwing.com).
Pointwing 1.3 helps you to manage the cost of service delivery by improving your productivity in a number of ways.
- Customizable data screens within Pointwing enable you to work more efficiently, aligning the recruiting and staffing information that is most important, in the order you want it presented. You can add, delete and move fields, including custom user defined fields, with the use of simple "drag-and-drop" functionality. As these customizations are easy for you to develop yourself, you can reduce or eliminate the costs of software customizations that typically require expensive programming.
- Customizable User Defined Fields (UDF's) enable you to capture data about candidates or accounts that are specific to your recruiting needs. Pointwing enables the creation, validation, screen placement on custom screens, searching and reporting of UDF's that include: date, time, integer, money, single-value picklist item, Boolean, decimal, and more. By combining custom UDF's with custom data screens you can create streamlined workflow processes that are distinct to your business. These help improve service delivery and distinguish your business.
- Radius searching gives you the ability to perform searches in Pointwing within a specified geographic area. You can quickly and easily match candidates to jobs in their local area, giving the applicant better, more attractive choices when deciding where they wish to work.
- Integration with the new Pointwing Self Service (http://www.pointwing.com/pointwing-selfservice.asp) module connects the Pointwing Front Office module to your Web site in real-time, enabling you to post jobs and resources/candidates to search for jobs, register and/or update their profile, upload their resume and apply for jobs. This greatly reduces data entry, streamlines the acquisition of candidates and further improves recruiter productivity.
"Many of the recruiting and staffing services we have worked with over the past thirty years have had their own special needs," says Steve Taylor, President and CEO of VCG. "Pointwing 1.3 goes a long way to helping those firms wrap the software around their business and best-practice processes so that they can be more successful."
Pointwing® is a modular recruiting software suite that accelerates the process of finding and placing the people most likely to thrive and streamlines unique business processes to improve productivity, control costs and manage margins. Modules available include:
- Pointwing Front Office - the core recruiting module that accelerates recruiting and sales by integrating account and candidate/employee management, search, job placement, two-way Outlook integration and more.
- Pointwing Self Service - a Web portal module that connects the Pointwing Front Office module to your Web site in real-time, enabling you to post jobs and resources/candidates to search for jobs, register and/or update their profile, upload their resume and apply for jobs.
- Pointwing Software Kit - a module which gives you access to Pointwing's open API to create custom applications that integrate with Pointwing or integrate Pointwing with virtually any third-party application.
Pointwing is available as an on-demand recruiting software as a service (SaaS) or as a managed services application. Additionally, VCG offers Pointwing as a complete front office recruiting solution with integrated MS Exchange and Outlook hosting for 360-degree communications.
For more information regarding Pointwing or to register for a live online Webinar demonstration, visit http://www.pointwing.com or call 800-318-4983.
VCG provides comprehensive staffing and recruiting solutions that power success. Since 1976, VCG has helped hundreds of companies worldwide achieve operational excellence by streamlining their unique business processes and accelerating finding and placing the people most likely to thrive. VCG, C-PAS, Pointwing, StaffSuite, TempWare-V, WebPAS, StaffSuite WorldLink and WebPAS WorldLink are registered trademarks of VCG, LLC. For more information visit: http://www.vcgsoftware.com or call 1.800.318.4983.