Chautauqua, NY and Niagara Falls, NY (PRWEB) October 2, 2008
A Niagara Falls vacation will be one of the highlights of your trip to the area. Just seeing the Falls for the first time is an amazing experience. As the holidays quickly approach the Festival of lights is one event that draws many visitors to this destination. It runs November through January.
The whole family can enjoy this trip and will have memories that will last a lifetime.
Facts About Niagara Falls:
There are three distinct Falls. They are:
- The American Falls
- The Bridal Veil Falls
- Canadian/Horseshoe Falls
1. People have gone over the Falls in a barrel and have survived. Some have not survived. The first to survive was a 63 year old female teacher.
2. Most of the water from the great lakes flows over the Falls.
3. High wire tight rope acts have been performed over the Falls.
4. There has only been one time when the flow of water over the Falls has been completely stopped due to natural causes. That was in 1848 (March, 29th) when, due to an ice jam in the upper river, the water flow stopped for several hours.
5. Niagara Falls are the 2nd largest Falls in the world. Victoria Falls in southern Africa are the largest.
Chautauqua's Fall Foilage willl be at it's peek soon
It is a wonderful and unique place with numerous things to do and see.
Situated right on Chautauqua Lake, it offers spectacular lake activities and beautiful sites and scenery. Be sure to check out the Chautauqua Bell Tower located within the Institution and right on the lake. It is a beautiful, historic Chautauqua building. Chautauqua visitors will enjoy the Fall Foilage during the next month as Autumn reaches its peek here in WNY.
This gated community is where several hundred visitors come each and every summer to spend their vacations.
Don't miss Chautauqua!