I am very excited about the programs and speakers that we will have participating in this historic and momentous event
Washington, DC (PRWEB) October 1, 2008
WHAT: The 40th Anniversary Celebration and 23rd Annual Education Conference, Business Meeting, Exhibition, and Diversity Recruitment Expo - "Closing the Healthcare Divide to Improve Health Outcomes: The Integration of Services, Technology, Finance and Training" - of the National Association of Health Services Executives (NAHSE). National, state and community-based health care providers and experts will participate across all healthcare fields at this five-day conference to address a wide-range of issues related to health disparity populations.
WHO: Earvin "Magic" Johnson, chairman and chief executive officer, Magic Johnson Enterprises; Dr. Michael Eric Dyson, award-winning scholar, university professor of sociology, Georgetown University; Judge Glenda Hatchett, Emmy Award-nominated TV personality; Ed Gordon, Emmy Award-winning journalist of Black Enterprise TV; Honorable John Lewis (D-GA), civil rights activist; Carolyn Barley-Britton, MD, current NMA President; Larry Gage, President, National Association of Public Hospitals and Health Systems; -- as well as several of the nation's top twenty-five (25) minority healthcare executives as ranked by Modern Healthcare magazine, Kevin Lofton, FACHE President and CEO, Catholic Health Initiatives; Lloyd H. Dean, President and CEO, Catholic Healthcare West; Adam M. Robinson, Jr. ,M.D., Vice Admiral, Medical Corps, US Navy; Surgeon General, Chief, Bureau of Medicine and Surgery will participate as keynote or featured speakers and/or panelists.
WHEN: Tuesday - Saturday, October 14-18, 2008
WHERE: Hyatt Regency Atlanta
265 Peachtree Street, NE Atlanta, GA 30303
The National Association of Health Services Executives (NAHSE) will celebrate its 40th Anniversary during their 23rd Annual Education Conference, Business Meeting, Exhibition and Diversity Recruitment Expo, October 14-18, 2008, at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia. This year's theme -- "Closing the Healthcare Divide to Improve Health Outcomes: The Integration of Services, Technology, Finance and Training" -- embraces the association's mission of promoting the advancement and development of African-American healthcare leaders, while elevating the quality of healthcare services rendered to minority and underserved communities. Denise Brooks-Williams, President, NAHSE is poised to lead her membership, over five days, in a series of intriguing, in-depth educational sessions to empower African-American and minority healthcare professionals to advocate for greater resources for those in underserved communities. "I am very excited about the programs and speakers that we will have participating in this historic and momentous event," said, Charlisa R. Watson, MHSA, Executive Director, NAHSE.
Info: Conference participants will have the opportunity to attend:
- Earvin "Magic" Johnson, chairman and chief executive officer, Magic Johnson Enterprises, will host and introduce his latest ventures, SodexoMAGIC and MAGIC Workforce Solutions during the Opening Night Reception/Exhibition Hall Opening, Wednesday, Oct. 15, 2008.
- Bone marrow testing Thursday and Friday Oct. 16, and 17th, 2008.
- CEO/Senior Executive Session I, The Plight of Public Hospitals/Public(Safety Net) Hospitals: An "endangered" species featuring Larry Gage - President, National Association of Public Hospitals and Health Systems, Thursday, Oct. 16, 2008.
- Opening Session, moderated by Ed Gordon, of Black Enterprise TV to feature panelists: Carolyn Barley-Britton, MD, President, National Medical Association; Thursday, Oct. 16, 2008.
- President's Luncheon, featuring Judge Glenda Hatchett, TV Personality; Thursday, Oct. 16, 2008.
- Leadership Luncheon, featuring Dr. Michael Eric Dyson, award winning scholar, Georgetown University; Friday, Oct. 17, 2008.
- Scholarship Awards Dinner & Gala, featuring Honorable John Lewis, (D-GA) Friday, Oct. 17, 2008.
Reporters who wish to attend should call the NAHSE Press Office, tel. 202-429-6060 or email media(at)nahse.org . All others seeking conference information and wishing to register should e-mail Beverly Glover: BGlover(at)nahse.org or call 202-429-6060. Atlanta media contact: Diane Larche', diane(at)larchecommunications.com or 404 273-3227.
For more information on conference sessions and events, log onto http://www.nahse.org
Founded in 1968, the National Association of Health Services Executives (NAHSE), a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, is recognized globally as the premier professional association for African American executives in the health care industry. Its leadership and members are both administrators and practitioners working in a wide variety of healthcare organization.
Charlisa Watson, MHSA
The McKenzie Media Group, LLC
202-429-6060 NAHSE Office
240-396-6619 McKenzie Media
Atlanta media contact :
Diane Larche', diane(at)larchecommunications.com or 404 273-3227.