Chicago, IL (PRWEB) October 3, 2008
The Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) is pleased to announce the newly-appointed members of its Membership Ethics Advisory Panel (MEAP). The MEAP is responsible for investigating complaints against WOMMA members or potential members pursuant to the Disciplinary Procedures of the Word of Mouth Marketing Association.
Members of the MEAP includes:
- Ann Moravick, Executive Vice President, Director, Global Health & Brand Advocacy, Ketchum - Chair
- Constantin Basturea, Director of New Media Strategies, Converseon
- David Binkowski, Senior Vice President, Word of Mouth Marketing, Manning, Salvage, and Lee
- Blake Cahill, Vice President, Marketing, Visible Technologies
- Joe Chernov, Vice President, Communications, BzzAgent
- Stacey Kannenberg, Consultant, Principal, Mom Central Consulting
- Patrick Thoburn, Co-founder, Matchstick
- Donna Vandiver, President, CEO, The Vandiver Group
The MEAP was created to help other members abide by the WOMMA Ethics Code WOMMA members believe this Code is a foundation for an ethical, prosperous industry. To survive and succeed, word of mouth marketing must earn the trust of consumers by protecting their right to open, honest communication.
The WOMMA Code establishes guidelines when planning and executing word of mouth marketing campaigns. Its purpose is to help define best practices, unacceptable practices, and baseline rules of the road. It is a tool for ethical marketers to understand where the lines are drawn and how to do the right thing. Word of mouth that occurs naturally through the process of serving and satisfying customers isn't addressed here, because it is fundamentally genuine.
The WOMMA Ethics Code is largely based on the Honesty ROI: Honesty of Relationship, Opinion, and Identity.
WOMMA is the official trade association for the word of mouth marketing industry. Our more than 390 corporate members are committed to building a prosperous word of mouth marketing profession based on best practices, measurable ROI, and ethical leadership. Learn more about us at http://www.womma.org.