'Angel Dogs with a Mission' will change your life and the lives of those with whom you share it.
Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) October 6, 2008
Loyalty, compassion, authenticity, intelligence, and ability to bring a smile to people's faces are all assets in a presidential candidate. The sincere desire to serve, combined with wisdom and good looks, makes a national leader memorable. These are all reasons why Allen and Linda Anderson (http://www.angelanimals.net), authors of the new book, Angel Dogs with a Mission: Divine Messengers in Service to All Life (New World Library, October 1, 2008), have nominated their dog Leaf Anderson for President of the United States. Leaf's unique journey is a true American shelter dog story. He rose from early abandonment to rescue to becoming the Anderson family's lifesaver. To read more about why Leaf would make a terrific world leader and to write tail-thumping nominations for other special dogs, post dog photos or videos, and endorse canines for president in this contentious election year, go to http://www.thisdogforpresident.com.
Allen Anderson, Leaf's campaign manager, says about the doggie candidate, "When I was at the lowest point in my life, Leaf offered hope and unconditional love. In troubled times, he's a wise healer in every sense of the word. He's a young, black cocker spaniel with the vigor, energy, new ideas, and creative strategies this country needs in its next president."
Linda Anderson, Leaf's communication's director, is impressed by the dog's choice of a running mate. "We didn't know which animal Leaf would ask to be Vice-President. You can imagine our enthusiasm when he picked our cat, Cuddles. Not only does this ultra-feminine, determined, black-and-white kitty look wonderful for photo ops, the ticket unites cats and dogs by bringing together the animal kingdom."
Leaf's is one of twenty moving stories in "Angel Dogs" with a Mission," a collection of twenty true stories about dogs who found their purpose in life, and tenth book in the Anderson's popular Angel Animals series. As with the hugely popular Marley & Me, dog lovers will be inspired and entertained by the dramatic human-and-dog partnerships in this new book. The remarkable stories provide laughter, proof that miracles are possible, and tears -- the good kind.
Some stories in "Angel Dogs with a Mission" are:
- Keno, a yellow Lab, rescued a lift operator buried in an avalanche.
- Kobi, a beloved and intelligent family pet with an exceptional sense of smell became one of the most famous cancer-sniffing dogs in the world.
- Tuffy, a Cavalier King Charles spaniel serves as a certified K-9 grief counseling partner with Dr. Karla Rose, a Boston grief and trauma specialist offering assistance after disasters and terrorism.
- Abdul, the first service dog for people with mobility impairments, was trained by Bonnie Bergin and Kerrill Knaus-Hardy and paved the way for people with disabilities to be independent.
- Anna, a German shepherd, damaged her lungs searching through the wreckage at Ground Zero after 9/11 and inspired Sarah Atlas to found an assistance program for volunteer search-and-rescue dog handlers.
- Skidboot, the world-famous Texas blue heeler, started life as an abandoned puppy but became such a great performer that she appeared as a guest for Jay Leno, Oprah Winfrey, David Letterman, and Animal Planet with cowboy and entertainer David Hartwig.
- Zoom, a Cardigan Welsh corgi, dropped out of the show ring, and dedicated himself to helping children in a rural Kentucky school become better readers. The school's rise in reading test scores due to Zoom's patient listening made national news.
Amelia Kinkade, author of Straight from the Horses Mouth, says, "This book is a tribute to the fact that many of our most effective doctors, nurses, therapists, police officers, emotional counselors, rescue workers, and spiritual teachers have four legs instead of two."
Marc Bekoff, PhD, professor emeritus of ecology and evolutionary biology at the University of Colorado, Boulder, wrote the book's foreword. Dr. Bekoff writes, "'Angel Dogs with a Mission' will change your life and the lives of those with whom you share it."
Allen and Linda Anderson are founders of the Angel Animals Network (http://www.angelanimals.net), inspirational speakers, and authors of the award-winning Rescued: Saving Animals from Disaster as well as nine other books in the popular Angel Animals series.
Angel Dogs with a Mission is available nationwide at bookstores, online sites, and autographed by the Angel Animals Online Bookstore.
New World Library, ISBN-13: 978-1577316022, ISBN-10: 1577316029, Black & White Photographs, Trade paperback.