New York, NY (PRWEB) October 6, 2008
Ellery HomeStyles, LLC, one of the largest and most respected home fashions provider to major U.S. retailers, has recently expanded its line of popular Eclipse Curtains, the fashionable and functional blackout curtains for the home. These new additions, Tristan Eclipse, Narina, Satin Stripe, Robert Eclipse, and Louise Eclipse block out 99% of light and can, as part of a healthy lifestyle, also aid in the fight against breast cancer
Recently a link between nocturnal light and breast cancer has been discovered. (source: Chronobiology International January 2008) Breast Cancer Awareness month is a good time to shed light on the importance of darkness in the fight against the disease. Research has shown that brightly lit neighborhoods produce an increase in cases of breast cancer since melatonin, one of the body's best defenses against cancer, cannot be produced without periods of total darkness.
A healthy, dark sleeping environment including Eclipse light-blocking curtains as well as the recommended list below is a simple way women can help themselves in the ongoing prevention of cancer.
YOUR NECESSARY NOCTURNAL NINE
1. Shut out all light, invest in blackout curtains such as those made by Eclipse, which are lab-tested and proven to block out as much as 99.8 percent of light and reduce 40 percent more noise than ordinary curtains, leading to better quality sleep. An eye mask helps too.
2. Get nine hours sleep: a Finnish study found that women who slept nine hours were one-third as likely to get breast cancer as those who slept 7-8 hours.
3. Get a red light bulb (less harsh on your eyes.) Place this light bulb in one fixture and use only that one when you get up in the night.
4. Better still: use a night-light, flicking on a lamp or light can causes melatonin levels to drop immediately.
5. Try to get to bed at the same time every day, this will keep your pineal gland (the maker of melatonin) on a healthy schedule
6. Get outside in the morning: just 10-15 minutes of morning light will send a strong time-keeping signal to the brain's clock leaving it less likely to be confused.
7. Do not fall asleep to the TV! If you must watch television before you go to sleep (A big no-no according to the experts) use the television timer to make sure it goes off after a certain interval.
8. If napping works for you, apply the same "darkness" rules to your napping environment.
9. If you have trouble staying asleep after falling asleep, avoid the urge to read or go online - try yoga breathing and relaxation techniques first.
About Eclipse - the voice of authority for Energy-Saving Noise-Reducing Blackout Curtains. Eclipse products allow today's consumer to experience more than just beauty from their curtains. Unlike ordinary curtains, Eclipse blocks 99% of light, saves up to 25% on home heating and cooling costs, reduces noise by up to 40%, increases quality of sleep and reduces stress levels. For more information visit: http://www.eclipsecurtains.com
# # #