Capitola, Calif. (PRWEB) October 7, 2008 –
For the first time since HRmarketer.com began its series of buying trend reports, a majority of human resource executives say they turn to the Internet first when searching for HR-related products and services.
Released today, the Internet Research Behavior Survey is part of an ongoing “Trends in HR Marketing” report series from the marketing and online visibility firm. Results focuses specifically on how Internet, Web 2.0 and social network technologies are impacting the purchasing of products and services for HR and employee benefits professionals. Survey data was collected in August 2008 and is based on responses from HR and benefits professionals.
The key trends outlined in this survey reveal much about the online HR buying process. Highlights include:
- 64% of HR buyers turn to the Internet first (even before turning to peers) when searching for HR products/services they are interested in purchasing;
- Over half of HR buyers surveyed use an Internet search engine at least once per week to search for information related to human resources. The most popular search engine? Google, among nearly 90% of respondents;
- While many buyers say they visit the Internet “daily” for HR information, they do not rely on any single web site; instead, they visit several sites;
- Nearly half of the HR buyers surveyed participate in an HR-related webcast at least once per quarter;
- Nearly two-thirds of HR buyers read at least one white paper/research report each quarter;
- The most popular “business” social networking service for HR buyers is LinkedIn, followed by Facebook and MySpace; Twitter also made the list for the first time.
Over half of survey participants were at a director level or higher, with approximately eight percent CEO / C-Suite executives, 16 percent vice presidents, 30 percent directors and 27 percent managers.
To download the complimentary report, visit http://www.hrmarketer.com/home/wp_supplier0809.htm
HRmarketer.com is a service of Fisher Vista LLC, a marketing and information services firm focusing exclusively on the human capital industry. Through its marketing and public relations services, the company has serviced nearly 500 human resource and employee benefit service providers, helping them generate publicity, website traffic, sales leads and improved SEO.
Elrond Lawrence, Fisher Vista, LLC.
This press release was distributed through eMediawire by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: http://www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.