Our respondents were also asked which Green and sustainable issues will be most actively promoted after the election
Bloomington, IN (PRWEB) October 9, 2008
A new finds that most respondents believe the United States will place greater emphasis on Green issues after the upcoming election.
Invitations to take the online survey were included in the October issue of DestinationGreen, the monthly newsletter of The Ashkin Group, leading advocates for Green cleaning. It was distributed to more than 5,000 subscribers, most involved in the professional cleaning industry.
When asked which candidate for President would be most supportive of Green issues, 52 percent say Senator Obama; 15 percent give the nod to Senator McCain.*
As for the new Congress, 68 percent of the respondents say the next Congress will be "more supportive" of Green issues, while only 2 percent say they will be less so.
- Only 24 percent say the United States will play a future leadership role in Green issues; 52 percent believe the United States will "closely follow" Europe and other parts of the world.
- Private industry, according to nearly half the respondents, will lead the way in promoting Green and sustainable issues in the United States while only 20 percent believe U.S. government agencies will be our Green leaders.
Where Green Cleaning Fits In
"Our respondents were also asked which Green and sustainable issues will be most actively promoted after the election," says Stephen Ashkin, President of The Ashkin Group. "At the top of the list was Green cleaning. I think this is because [the professional cleaning] industry has played such an outstanding role in developing and promoting the use of environmentally preferable cleaning products."
Ranked after Green cleaning were:
- Installing building retrofits that conserve energy and water
- Developing next-generation biofuels
- Developing and installing systems that reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Developing alternative energy sources
Ashkin adds that his organization is nonpartisan and does not support or endorse any candidate.
*The survey has a "confidence rating" of plus or minus 5 percent.
About The Ashkin Group
The Ashkin Group provides Green consulting services for school districts as well as building owners, product manufacturers, and cleaning contractors. For more information on The Ashkin Group, visit http://www.ashkingroup.com, call (812) 332-7950.