Hoboken, NJ (PRWEB) October 11, 2008
Wiley, a leading publisher of Adobe how-to books, has launched Wiley Design Challenge, a book cover design contest that will run through October 31, 2008. Artists at all levels of expertise are invited to submit their artwork for consideration in the design contest.
ABOUT THE CONTEST
The grand prize winner of the Wiley Design Challenge will have his or her artwork published on the cover of PHOTOSHOP FOR RIGHT-BRAINERS: THE ART OF PHOTOMANIPULATION, 3RD EDITION by Al Ward (Wiley, March 2009, ISBN: 978-0-470-39701-5, $39.99). The grand prize winner will also receive a copy of the book and a lifetime SmugMug Pro account that includes free prints.
Successive winners will be chosen by popular vote. The designer awarded first prize will receive $500 and a free three-year SmugMug Pro membership; the second prize winner will receive $200 worth of Wiley books, plus a free two-year SmugMug Pro account; and third prize winner will receive $100 worth of Wiley books and a free 1-year SmugMug Pro account.
PANEL OF JUDGES
The grand prize winner of Wiley Design Challenge will be chosen by a panel of 7 judges comprised of:
- Al Ward, the author of PHOTOSHOP FOR RIGHT-BRAINERS: THE ART OF PHOTOMANIPULATION, 3RD EDITION
- Fred Showker, founder of DT&G Magazine and Publisher of Photoshop911.com
- Matias Corea, Chief of Design at Behance.net
- Jesse Harding, Adobe Community Expert, graphic designer, and blogger
- Brajeshwar Oinam, Adobe Community Expert, Flash and Web developer, and blogger
- Daniela Richardson, Associate Director of Creative Services at Wiley
- Kelly Trent, Marketing Manager at Wiley
To kick off the contest, Wiley Design Challenge is featuring 5 artists for their outstanding creative accomplishments and leadership roles in the digital art world. Featured artists include:
- Amanda Woodward, freelance illustrator and founder of Woodward Design
- Daisy de Villeneuve, felt-tip illustrator and author of What Goes Around Comes Around
- Hannah Stouffer, Los Angeles-based illustrator at GrandArray.com
- Jacob Cass, freelance designer and founder of the JustCreativeDesign.com
- Meowza Katz, graphic artist at Aviary and author of More Than One Way to Skin a Cat
Learn more about the entry rules, or submit your artwork for the Wiley Design Challenge today, at wileydesignchallenge.com.
ABOUT THE BOOK
PHOTOSHOP FOR RIGHT-BRAINERS: THE ART OF PHOTOMANIPULATION, 3RD EDITION goes beyond cookie-cutter techniques to show readers how to take full advantage of Photoshop's powerful capabilities. Packed with novel projects ,striking artwork, advanced techniques, and timesaving tips, this revised edition will help intermediate-level users tap into the creative part of their brain to help them create amazing digital art in Photoshop.
ABOUT AL WARD
Al Ward is a prominent figure in the Photoshop community. His Web site, actionfx.com, supplies Photoshop users with actions and information. He has contributed to and written many Photoshop books, and has written for Photoshop User magazine, Planet Photoshop, and Photoshop Café. He serves as the official actions guru for the National Association of Photoshop Professionals.
# # #