Vancouver, BC (PRWEB) October 15, 2008
Providence Health Care (PHC), one of Canada's largest faith-based health care organizations, is in the market to fill hundreds of health care jobs over the next few months. PHC operates 14 health care facilities in Greater Vancouver that provide acute, residential, rehabilitation and community kidney dialysis services. To help accomplish this ambitious goal, PHC is holding a career fair from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at St. Paul's Hospital in Vancouver.
Come to the PHC Career Fair and experience Providence Health Care's unique culture, values and innovative workplace. Meet with leaders and staff to explore career options throughout the PHC organization. To register for the upcoming PHC Career Fair, email email@example.com.
A variety of nursing jobs are currently available at Providence Health Care. Providence Health Care nurses enjoy a professional practice environment that blends stimulating career opportunities with compassionate care. PHC is a place that offers world class medical treatment in a city renowned for its beauty and outdoor lifestyle. At PHC, care giving is not a solitary pursuit: every nurse is a vital part of an inter-disciplinary team that determines and continually re-assesses the best treatment for each patient.
A nursing career at Providence Health Care offers exciting opportunities, challenges and choices:
- Ability to work at different sites and in various aspects of care, from primary and tertiary care to geriatric and rehabilitation medicine.
- Access to world-class programs and participation in groundbreaking research regularly published in the most prestigious medical journals.
- Continuous education opportunities through PHC's role as an urban teaching hospital and its affiliation with the University of British Columbia, from rounds with leading practitioners to seminars with academic experts.
- Participation in training programs and skills upgrading, allowing nurses to pursue other career avenues.
- Self-scheduling in many units to accommodate individual lifestyle needs and preferences.
- One of the most competitive and comprehensive provincial compensation packages in Canada.
- Re-location allowances for many out-of-town applicants and assistance with Canadian immigration and professional registration processes.
Providence Health Care currently has several pharmacy jobs available. The Pharmacy Department at PHC provides advanced clinical services, prepared intravenous medications for the majority of patients for all common medications, specialty products, chemotherapy, and a comprehensive medication system focusing on patient safety. PHC pharmacy technicians are responsible for order entry, inventory control and product checking, which allows the pharmacists more time to provide direct pharmaceutical care and patient counseling. The medication distribution system utilizes the skills and abilities of the pharmacy technicians to the maximum for medication order entry and drug preparation.
The Pharmacy Team at PHC benefit from:
- An environment of excellence, rewarding positions, and growth opportunities
- Multidisciplinary rounds
- Patient education programs
- Leadership of the Pharmacy team
- Expanded roles of PHC pharmacy technicians
- Teaching of professionals, Doctor of Pharmacy candidates, hospital pharmacy residents, and undergraduate pharmacy students
- Established Pharmaco kinetic and Warfarin dosing programs, enabling pharmacists to make medication dosage adjustments
- More clinical time for patient care
- Economic benefits of the Health Sciences Association
- Diverse populations to serve
Respiratory Therapy Jobs
Several Respiratory Therapy jobs are currently available at Providence Health Care. Respiratory Therapists (RTs) at Providence Health Care are a dynamic and vital part of the patient care team. Valued for their clinical expertise, RTs at PHC work in all areas of care and are respected for their work as first responders to acute crises throughout the organization . PHC utilizes the latest technology and research to provide care to a diverse patient population. Educational opportunities abound at PHC, and RTs are encouraged and supported to attend. Teamwork and a collaborative approach to patient care are key elements that make PHC such a desirable place to work.
- Critical Care (ICU, Cardiac Surgery ICU, CCU, Post Anesthetic Care Unit)
- Medicine & Surgery
- Anesthesia (Anesthesia Assistants)
- Cardiopulmonary Diagnostics
- Infectious Disease Clinic
- Adult Cystic Fibrosis Program
- Asthma & COPD Education
- Palliative Care
- Maternity & Special Care Nursery (Level II)
About Providence Health Care
Providence Health Care (PHC) is one of Canada's largest faith-based health care organization, operating 14 health care facilities in Greater Vancouver that provide acute, residential, rehabilitation and community kidney dialysis services. Guided by the principle "How you want to be treated," PHC's 1,000 physicians and 6,000 staff deliver compassionate care to more than 450,000 patients and residents each year. Teaching and research are conducted in affiliation with the University of British Columbia and other institutions of higher education. PHC's facilities include: St. Paul's Hospital, Mount Saint Joseph Hospital, Holy Family Hospital, St. Vincent's Hospitals (Brock Fahrni Pavilion, Langara and Honoria Conway at Heather), Youville Residence, Marion Hospice and community dialysis clinics in Vancouver, North Vancouver, Richmond, Sechelt, Squamish and Powell River.
For more information on Providence Health Care and the upcoming Career Fair, please visit the PHC website at http://www.providencehealthcare.org.
# # #