Montreal, Canada (PRWEB) October 17, 2008
Internet Merchandising Systems Inc. announced today the availability of the latest version of their Ferry & Bus Reservation Portal software (IMS Voyager Transit V3.0). Voyager Transit is the only off-the-shelf ferry & bus reservation system incorporating bar code ticketing and scanning functionality available today designed completely around Internet technology installed on a clients website.
Now, with the full integration of the Patron® Online Ticket Reservation System into Voyager Transit, you are able to maintain exclusive control of your customer relationships, brands and revenue potential without paying any ongoing commissions on every ticket you sell!
Transit Ferry & Bus Software is constructed on their proven proprietary Voyager multi-tiered hotel, tour and rental reservation software. It's an effective way to grow your business, improve customer service and reduce operating costs while providing an end-to-end solution using their powerful Patron ticketing technology over the web.
Many other powerful new features were released in Voyager Transit V3.0, without any increase in its pricing, such as:
- Easily handles complex trips and tours; each trip can be configured to have multiple levels of trip/tours under it; component trips can be configured not to show as a directly reserved trips but only show under packages and day trips/tours with trips under it. Behavior of component trip/tours under trips can be extensively configured.
- Now includes the latest 3Notes' feature, allowing the creation of 'customer notes' linked to the customer file; 'private notes', linked to the order and viewable by the sales agent; and the 'public notes', linked to the order and viewable by the customer and sales agent.
- Automatic Passenger names request function by quantity of tickets purchased. As such, each booking can have multiple passenger names i.e. if you are booking 4 adults in a booking, the system will generate a name request per passenger. The existing client database can also be used to source each passenger name.
- Barcode Ticket Printing as standard feature. You have the options to deliver an instant combination boarding pass and register receipt online or right at the ticket counter while you ring up your sale or pre-sell tickets.
- Consumers, travel agents and ticketing offices who purchase tour, passenger, event and entertainment tickets from your website will also be able to immediately print their tickets from their desktop printer, at home or office with easy-to-use web based Barcode Ticket printing (using our Print@MyPC® technology).
- Barcode Scanner Support for most PC based fixed/mobile computers with built in or attached scanner which will access the web via any onboard Wifi/Internet connected system on the ferry, bus or your land based ticket office.
"The current economic climate leaves no room for wasted expenses. As such, buying and installing Voyager Transit, with no ongoing monthly fees and commissions, dramatically cuts many of your associated costs of doing business. The use of Voyager Transit reduces your travel updates, pricing and schedules publishing time to minutes rather than hours and its tremendous range of features and ticketing options gives you that all important edge over your competition" said IMS President John Shenton.
Pricing & Technical: Voyager Transit our Ferry / Bus Reservation System is only $2,995.00 US and requires PHP and MySQL.
Available as an option is the IMS 'Graphical Active Map Selection Engine' with a calendar driven, Graphical User Interface providing a powerful color-coded graphical seating or placement display (using customer provided graphical layouts) for easy personal seat selections.
Internet Merchandising Systems Inc. Internet Merchandising Systems was founded on a commitment to develop innovative products and services to meet the online reservation needs of their partners in improving profitability and productivity. By delivering a range of pre-built application functionality with their Scalable Service Orientated Architecture for Internet Reservations, such as, IMS Voyager Hotel, Tour, Rental, Marina & Campground Reservation module's (plus variants) that helps companies build connected online enterprises to capture more market share, communicate effectively and operate competitively in today's Internet environment.