Acquiring LiquidTalk's core team and mobile content delivery platform is a key step in our long-range mission to become the premier provider of mobile content and communications solutions for the enterprise
Savannah, GA and Chicago, IL (PRWEB) October 17, 2008
OnPoint Digital is pleased to announce the acquisition of Chicago-based LiquidTalk, Inc., a leading provider of mobile workforce engagement solutions for the enterprise. The combined organization creates an exciting new leader in the mobile content delivery and communications arena, focused on better connecting and engaging remote workers, partners and customers via their ever-present cell phones. The transaction includes the assets, contracts, key sales, and technical and operational resources of LiquidTalk, and consolidates LiquidTalk's current installations into OnPoint's customer portfolio. Full integration of LiquidTalk and OnPoint technologies is anticipated within sixty days of the transaction. Economies of scale provided by the merged technologies will also result in lower licensing and services costs for customers moving forward.
The expanded organization will offer customers and partners a more complete suite of powerful mobile delivery and tracking technologies, and creates one of North America's largest teams of mobile learning and content management professionals. The expanded company will operate from offices in Savannah, Chicago, and a company-owned development center in Nelson, New Zealand, along with a growing network of worldwide resellers/partners. The expanded ecosystem now manages more than 100 enterprise installations and 850,000 licensed users worldwide, including over 100,000 mobile participants.
Benefits of the combined mobile solution platform include:
- Diverse Content Formats. With five different media formats currently supported, it will be easier than ever for an enterprise to deliver a variety of proprietary and third party business content to cellphone and smartphone users. Supported formats include mobile web pages, PDF-style documents, audio and video clips, and even mobile friendly, animated PowerPoint presentations. A growing library of third party enterprise content is also being incorporated into the platform, available for purchase in a choice of bundles by content type and format.
- Broad Device Support. The combined solution supports content delivery in some format to virtually every mobile device deployed today for anytime, anywhere communications and education. For standard cellphones, text and voice-based delivery options allow remote staff to access audio content and SMS messages via the global voice network. For smartphone users, the platform can wirelessly sync assigned content onto users' devices -- including BlackBerry® wireless handhelds, Apple® iPhones and iPod Touch media players, and Microsoft Windows Mobile-based smartphones (coming soon). Once synced, content resides on the device.
- Superior Delivery Management. Content delivery is streamlined, with both "push" and "pull" delivery methods available. Delivery methods include SMS and voice for standard phones, and Wi-Fi, wireless internet, and tethered for smartphones. For BlackBerry wireless handhelds, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server® (BES) is also supported. The platform tracks content access and progress for each user, and supports interactive tests and surveys used for compliance, knowledge retention or data collection. Smartphone users can also search for, access and sync content they need for just-in-time learning as desired.
- Flexible Web 2.0 Interface. The platform includes an intuitive, branded Web 2.0 application and flexible portal interface that centralizes access to media for managers and employees alike. Users can search for content and organize it into unique playlists as desired. They can also receive media to their devices, organized into assignments and playlists by their managers, even if they never access the web application.
- Comprehensive Management Tools. The portal platform, whether hosted or installed behind an enterprise firewall, allows managers and administrators to assign different content to users based on varying criteria such as group membership, job function, or location. Mobile authoring, scheduling/notifications, and detailed reporting and analytics are standard. E-commerce and localization options are available.
"Acquiring LiquidTalk's core team and mobile content delivery platform is a key step in our long-range mission to become the premier provider of mobile content and communications solutions for the enterprise," stated Robert Gadd, President and Cofounder of OnPoint Digital. "LiquidTalk's desktop and device-based applications fully complement our flagship CellCast Solution architecture and mobile content management system platform."
"LiquidTalk and OnPoint Digital solutions have both been well received by customers and partners in North America and abroad who seek to leverage and maximize the value of their digital content," said David Peak, CEO and Cofounder of LiquidTalk. "By joining forces to form a new market leader in mobile workforce engagement, our customers and partners benefit from enhanced and cost effective technologies to better connect and engage their mobile teams to facilitate productivity and drive sales."
About OnPoint Digital
OnPoint Digital, Inc. is a workplace and mobile solutions provider dedicated to the development of powerful training, performance management and communications tools for enterprise customers. OnPoint's innovative CellCast Solution allows companies to easily create, deliver and track mobile content, communications and assessments directly to users' cellphones and smartphones, minimizing the device-specific constraints and deployment costs associated with other mobile solutions. The CellCast Solution is ideal for mobile knowledge, product updates, data collection and field communications. For more information, please visit http://www.mlearning.com or http://www.onpointdigital.com.
OnPoint also offers a full-featured Learning Management System and Learning Content Management System (LMS/LCMS) software suite, enabling the creation and management of rich-media courseware, online assessments, appraisals, skills tracking and detailed reporting, plus numerous optional modules such as integrated analytics, e-commerce, portal/intranet architecture, document management and advanced mobile learning offerings.
About LiquidTalk, Inc.
LiquidTalk helps companies connect and engage mobile employees to spark productivity. The firm's secure, on-demand application empowers sales, service and other remote workers to find, organize, create and distribute proprietary enterprise audio and video content to mobile devices including BlackBerry® smartphones as well as Apple® iPhones and Apple® iPods. Companies use the LiquidTalk solution to share knowledge, training, corporate and customer communication and more - virtually wherever and whenever. Visit http://www.liquidtalk.com for more information.
© 2008 OnPoint Digital, Inc. All rights reserved.
RIM and Research In Motion are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be pending or registered in other countries.