At present, Governments have their hands full funding their own flagging banking systems, so we can hardly rely on them. It is time that private money ensures that the remaining rainforest we still have is preserved on a renewable and sustainable basis.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Labuan (Vocus) October 17, 2008
Dragon Blaze - the luxury lifestyle company - has announced today a unique initiative to ensure that the preservation of existing rainforest is both sustainable and financially viable, without government or public funding.
Dragon Blaze, through a subsidiary, has acquired over 800,000 acres of Amazonian rainforest, which is sufficient to offset the carbon emissions of the equivalent of between 24 million and 40 million typical US households (on the basis that they use electricity from coal – fired generation, and drive a car an average of 10,000 miles per annum at 25mpg.)
It is Dragon Blaze’s view that;
- Preserving the rainforest through charitable donations or subsidies from governments or state bodies is not sustainable in the long term, and that without securing them, and ensuring that deforestation does not take place, preserving ‘notional’ blocks of rainforest, will not work. Satellite photographs alone do not stop burning, logging and other forms of deforestation. They simply record it.
- The rainforest must pay for itself in order to be sustainable. This means that its commercial value must be unlocked.
Dragon Blaze has committed to;
- Ensuing that all of its activities – commercial or otherwise will have a zero carbon footprint at a minimum.
- Working with its highly influential and wealthy Private Members and their business associates to increase the sales and profitability of their own private enterprises/endeavours by ensuring that their products and services have a zero carbon footprint.
- Investing in research into renewable and sustainable rainforest produce to create high value natural healthcare and medicinal products, which will further attribute real commercial value to the rainforest.
Rainforest Capital SA, a Luxembourg-based associated company of Dragon Blaze, has announced that it is issuing Eurobonds, backed by carbon credits from the rainforest owned by Dragon Blaze, to finance additional acquisitions of rainforest and to fund sustainable preservation programmes.
According to Robert Clarke, General Manager of Rainforest Capital SA, “At present, Governments have their hands full funding their own flagging banking systems, so we can hardly rely on them. It is time that private money ensures that the remaining rainforest we still have is preserved on a renewable and sustainable basis.”
About Dragon Blaze:
Dragon Blaze is part of a privately owned group of companies with other interests in Eurobonds, medical research and technology. The Group is also one of the largest private owners of rainforest in the world.
Dragon Blaze has created an exclusive world, redefining notions of seamless luxury and individualized perfection. A flawlessly tailored experience is limited to only 50 Private Members, provided by an organisation dedicated to the pursuit of perfection.
For more information on Dragon Blaze, please view our website: http://www.dragonblaze.com
For general enquiries, please contact:
Dragon Blaze Ltd
4th Floor Tiara Labuan,
Jalan Tanjung Batu,
Labuan F.T. 87007
Phone: +60 87 581 399
Fax: +60 87 581 499
Email: maryclarke @ dragonblaze.com
For Press and Media enquires, Hi-res images or interviews please contact:
GM, Crocmedia Singapore
Direct: +65 6837 8014
Mobile: +65 9631 1670
Email: marina @ crocmedia.com