Sandy, Bedfordshire (PRWEB) October 19, 2008
The new Hands Free Ladder from Easi-Dec is the culmination of many years of development in Ladder Safety accessories. It is an unfortunate fact that unsupervised employees will often not bother to use loose or 'bolt on' safety accessories on site. They prefer to simply get the job done as quickly as possible without any real consideration of the risks involved.
Over 1/3 of the reported fall-from-height incidents in the UK involve ladders or stepladders. On average this results in over 1200 major injuries to workers each year. Many of these injuries result from inappropriate or incorrect use of equipment.
This has prompted the Easi-Dec designers to develop a ladder incorporating many known safety features that give the worker no option but to use them every time they work at height. The 'Hands free Ladder' incorporates no less than 11 safety features in the new design from an integral levelling device for sloping ground to a harness attachment point for safer work positioning.
- High grip rubber feet
- Twin rubber wheels providing high level lateral grip
- Built in tool tray positioned at working height
- Built in levelling facility for sloping ground
- Built in spirit level allowing correct 4:1 ladder angle
- Rear stabiliser foot to reduce outward slip
- Stand-off providing comfortable working
- Ladder-tie for additional security
- Wide base providing lateral stability and high resistance to roll-over
- Rung-lock to fix ladder at desired height
- Harness attachment point for safe work positioning
Eternal causes of ladder accidents such as over reaching and incorrect angle (should be 4 to 1) are dealt a blow with the new Hands Free Ladder from Easi-Dec.
It is hoped that the more responsible Employers providing ladders on a regular basis will take note and consider the use of the Hands-Free Ladder permanently.
The Hands Free Ladder is available in double extensions of 3, 3.5 or 4 metres each incorporating all eleven safety features.
For additional information about the Hands Free Ladder and other safe access equipment contact Neil Baglin or visit Easi-Dec Access Systems Ltd.
Why not visit the Easi-Dec stand (05-C55) at Interbuild (26th - 30th October 2008) NEC Birmingham UK.
Easi-Dec Access Systems Ltd. are the leading manufacturer of access solutions to the construction industry.
Contact: Neil Baglin
Easi-Dec Access Systems Limited
44 (0) 1767 691812