We're pleased with the comments we've received from our guests who tell us they will be back to stay with us because as a company we care about the environment.
Albuquerque, NM (Vocus) October 18, 2008
Heritage Hotels & Resorts is doing its part to help the environment and has developed a Going Green environmental program within its hotels and among its employees. This group of independent hotels located in Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Las Cruces, New Mexico and Rio Rico, Arizona is collectively participating in several levels of environmentally safe practices.
Since the program’s inception many of the hotels have received positive feedback from guests about these initiatives. “We’re pleased with the comments we’ve received from our guests who tell us they will be back to stay with us because as a company we care about the environment.” said Adrian Perez, Vice President for Heritage Hotels & Resorts. Other environmentally conscious initiatives that have been implemented among the group of Heritage Hotels & Resorts hotels include the following
- All new corporate and hotel marketing collateral printed on FSC recycled or Green Seal Certified paper with soy-based ink
- Use of cotton towels which helps the air quality in guestrooms
- Offering guests the option to re-use towels and linens to help reduce laundry detergent and water use
- The use of environmentally safe or non-toxic cleaning agents and chemicals
- All usable hotel items such as linens, towels, furniture, drapes, appliances and bedspreads are donated to local non-profit organizations during renovations, thus reducing the landfills
- The use of durable eco-friendly non-disposable dishes, cups, glasses, mugs, tableware and plates
- Xeriscape and artificial turf landscaping at some or all of our hotels helps us to conserve water usage
- Any new administrative equipment such as laptops, computers, printers and scanners is replaced by Energy Star rated equipment
- Non-smoking Guestrooms in all hotels
- Waste recycling programs
- LED exterior lighting where possible
- The inclusion of locally grown seasonal foods for restaurants
- The use of low-flow bathroom fixtures to assist in conserving water at many hotels
- The morning newspaper is offered upon request, thus reducing the amount of paper discarded each day
- The use of biodegradable Green Earth Key cards for entry into guestrooms
Heritage Hotels & Resorts takes great pride in making sure environmentally safe practices help achieve a sustainable future. The foundation of the company is centered on the preservation of the heritage and culture of our southwestern region. Each hotel exemplifies a unique southwestern culture including Native American, Mexican, Spanish and American Western influences. It is important to preserve the southwestern culture and combine these efforts in preserving the precious resources of the city, the state and the country and Heritage Hotels & Resorts will continue to improve efforts in eco-friendly sustainability. “Being in the hotel industry we must be ecologically conscious of how we operate our business. We have a huge opportunity and obligation to do our part to conserve resources and educate our guests and employees.” said Pam Bazant-Jung , President of Heritage Hotels & Resorts.
ABOUT HERITAGE HOTELS & RESORTS
Heritage Hotels & Resorts is a dynamic cultural hospitality company offering a collection of award winning hotels distinct in style. Each celebrates the rich, multi-cultural heritage of the southwestern United States, drawing from its unique blend of Native American, Mexican, Spanish and American Western cultural and historical influences. Through their architecture, interior design, landscaping, entertainment, cuisine, art and music, Heritage Hotels & Resorts provides guest with a very rich, authentic, cultural experience and prides itself on the preservation of the southwest heritage and culture. Visit HHandR for more information on Heritage Hotels & Resorts’ properties, Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, Nativo Lodge, Hotel Plaza Real, The Lodge at Santa Fe, Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, and Esplendor Resort at Rio Rio. Heritage Hotels & Resorts is a member of Sterling Hotels, A Preferred Hotel Group Partner®.
Our Heritage is Caring for Our Communities and Our Earth