Fremont, Calif. (PRWEB) October 20, 2008
eTouch SamePage, a dynamic enterprise wiki, is included in Aberdeen Group's latest report on the enterprise 2.0 market. The report, entitled Sales 2.0: Social Media for Knowledge Management and Sales Collaboration, is available for free download.
- Top performing companies currently blend process and technology to achieve a higher level of collaboration and, ultimately, a superior sales performance.
- The pressure to increase top-line revenue growth (63%) and improve overall sales productivity (60%) were identified by survey respondents as the top two pressures causing organizations to focus resources on the organizational capabilities and technology enablers used to improve sales performance.
- By combining organizational capabilities with a strong focus on enterprise social media solutions, best-in-class companies are able to positively affect performance in average deal size and increase market share.
- 73% of best-in-class companies plan to increase the budget for the enterprise use of social media technologies in 2009, compared to 60% of all others.
- 59% of best-in-class companies consider the use of social media collaboration tools within the sales department to be a priority to the organization.
"The guiding philosophy behind a wiki is really quite simple: content is king. In other words, the benefit derived from an enterprise wiki depends greatly on the amount of information contributed by users," said Alex Jefferies, senior research associate at Aberdeen Group. "The most successful organizations are the ones which are able to spark a high degree of employee adoption. The result of such adoption ranges from a dynamic glossary of company-specific terminology to a forum for new employee ideas. In fact, many organizations are using wikis as a training platform, one where they can centralize FAQs and best practices for use in the onboarding process. The multitude of uses has led the majority (59%) of best-in-class companies to either leverage, or plan to leverage, internal wikis."
About eTouch SamePage
SamePage is a product of eTouch Systems, a leading provider of enterprise-class wiki solutions and consulting services that leverage technology solutions and help organizations share their collective knowledge, insights and creativity. SamePage is a scalable and dynamic wiki that enables its users to improve collaboration, save money and streamline decision making in a secure, well-supported environment. SamePage is used by medium and large enterprises around the world, including Alcatel-Lucent, NASA, Citrix, Hestia, Teradyne, Siemens, NY State Unified Court System and ADP, as well as by strategic partners, such as Cisco/WebEx. For more information, visit http://www.etouch.net.
eTouch Systems, eTouch SamePage, and all other eTouch Systems product and service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of eTouch Systems, Inc. All other trademarks or registered trademarks herein are property of their respective owners.