Our research shows that toddlers love the
Portland, Oregon (PRWEB) October 20, 2008
Blue Lake Children's Publishing (Blue Lake), launches "Clark the Baby Shark" (http://www.clarkthebabyshark.com) just in time for the 2008 holiday season. One of the best gifts a parent can give to a child is a love of reading. And this cute little shark accelerates reading skills in a fun, and creative, new way in children as young as 9-24 months.
Blue Lakes announced the first set of three (in a series of 12) Clark the Baby Reading Toys. The first set features Clark in familiar toddler environments: a highchair in the kitchen, a stroller at the park and a safety seat in the bathtub. This educational series brings language skills to life by encouraging dialogic reading, where adults ask questions about the story and the child becomes the story teller.
"Our research shows that toddlers love the "open & shut" function of books because they are just starting to develop the motor skills necessary to turn pages. They also learn using their sense of touch," said Blue Lake CEO Judy Johnston. "Clark the Baby Shark is an age-appropriate reading toy that helps parents master the critical skill of dialogic reading and allows babies the tactile experience that is the foundation for learning."
About The Clark the Baby Shark Series of Reading Toys
- Developed for babies and toddlers ages 9-24 months.
- Lets parents master the research-proven method dialogic reading.
- Familiar objects and settings encourage children to talk about what they see.
- Gives babies and toddlers a book they can "read" by themselves.
- Unique "open & close" format lets toddlers explore the world of Clark independently.
- Non-toxic and durable. BPA-free book frame gives child a tactile learning experience.
- MSRP: $29.95, which includes a packaged set of three reading toys as well as a Parent's Guide to Reading with Babies and Toddlers.
About Blue Lake Children's Publishing
Founded in 2002 and based in Portland, Oregon, Blue Lake Children's Publishing creates magazines and educational tools that encourage early literacy and a love of reading. For more information call 1-800-921-3284 or visit the following websites.
- Clark the Baby Shark (http://www.clarkthebabyshark.com): A reading toy series for toddlers ages 9-24 months that brings language skills to life by encouraging dialogic reading.
- The Tessy & Tab Reading Club (http://www.tessyandtab.com): A twice-monthly magazine that builds early reading skills in children ages 2-6 and was developed to support the Six Skills for Early Literacy endorsed by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Teaching Kits (http://www.tessyandtab.com/gifts): Tools for parents to teach important topics such as money management, confidence, and screen-time awareness and discipline.
# # #