Fall is one of the best times to travel because the weather is good in most destinations and the summer crowds are gone from resorts and hotels
New York, US (PRWEB) October 22, 2008
Travelzoo (NASDAQ: TZOO), a global Internet media company, today released tips and recommendations to help Americans experience a hassle-free and affordable fall getaway.
The expert tips developed by Travelzoo's producers are so easy to remember Travelzoo named them the "ABC's of Affordable Fall Travel". In addition to the expert tips and recommendations, Travelzoo's producers also selected the best fall travel deals. To get inspiration and travel ideas for your fall getaway visit http://www.travelzoo.com/falldeals.
"Fall is one of the best times to travel because the weather is good in most destinations and the summer crowds are gone from resorts and hotels," said Gabe Saglie, senior editor at Travelzoo. "We are seeing hotels and vacation packagers reduce rates up to 60 percent for fall travel. Whether it's a football game, fall foliage road trip or a European getaway, autumn offers travelers plenty of activities to take advantage of."
Below are some of Travelzoo's tips and recommended travel deals for affordable fall holidays:
- Always be prepared - Travelers can't control the weather, but they can be prepared and equipped to deal with a flight delay or cancellation. Fliers will find it helpful to have contact information for the airline and hotel in case plans and activities need to be rescheduled.
- Book a package or all-inclusive - Bundled vacations take advantage of lower resort rates.
Cruise vacations and all-inclusive resorts mean more value for your vacation. Super Clubs
Resorts have announced a huge fall sale at four of their all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica starting at just $99 per person, per night. This includes all meals, snacks, unlimited premium brand drinks, water sports, activities, transfers, taxes and gratuities.
- Cushion in extra time - With airlines introducing schedule changes this month, odds are there are going to be some hiccups in the system. It's always best to leave in enough time for the unexpected, especially when traveling to the southeast or Caribbean during hurricane season.
- Deals are king - Travelers looking to be inspired this fall should check online for travel deals. With the Internet at their fingertips, consumers can find deals well in advance or even a few days away. Travelzoo found great deals on eight New York City Broadway shows including "Legally Blonde" and "Phantom of the Opera". Broadway fans can find tickets starting at just $45.
- Europe is actually a possibility - The dollar is showing signs of strengthening against the Euro and Europe drops prices for the off-season in fall. European countries such as Ireland and Italy are surprisingly affordable this fall. Aer Lingus Vacation Store has a 6-night air and hotel package for just $699 this fall. This package includes hotel stays and transfers to four Irish cities, car rental, daily breakfast and a discount book with over $500 in savings.
- Flexibility is key - Travelers who are able to remain flexible with their destination or date of travel have access to more affordable vacation options. Since many packages require travel within a certain window of time, flexible consumers can be inspired by some fantastic fall deals.
- Go early - The first flight in the morning is the best flight to be on as consumers don't have to worry about an incoming plane. Early morning flights have the best on-time performance; however, should a plane be delayed fliers have more options throughout the day to deal with possible cancellations and delays.
- Hold out for hotel deals - Hotel and resort rates will continue to drop in an effort to entice Americans to travel and offset the higher airfare prices. We're already seeing hotel deals at over 60 percent off. Marriott just announced a nationwide sale that offers an additional 20 percent off their already reduced weekend rates. The Courtyard Marriott in downtown Orlando is offering rooms for just $67 per night and the Courtyard Los Angeles in Beverly Hills is offering rooms for just $175 per night.
For more information, visit http://www.travelzoo.com. Offers published in Travelzoo's fall deals section are verified for accuracy and availability by Travelzoo's Test Booking Centre™.
Travelzoo is a global Internet media company. Travelzoo's media properties, which reach more than 12 million travel enthusiasts in the U.S., Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Spain, Taiwan and the U.K., include the Travelzoo® Web site (http://www.travelzoo.com), the Top 20® list, the Newsflash™ e-mail alert service, the Travelzoo Network™ and SuperSearch™, a travel search engine. Travelzoo publishes offers from more than 900 advertisers. Travelzoo's deal experts review offers to find the best travel deals and confirm their true value. Travelzoo's global headquarters is in New York City.