IT professionals are realizing that IT systems cannot remain in a healthy state based on blacklisting solutions alone
Portland, OR (PRWEB) October 21, 2008
Continuing its leadership position in the rapidly emerging comprehensive whitelisting solutions space, SignaCert, Inc. today released version 2.5 of the Enterprise Trust Server (ETS). With powerful user customizable reporting, version 2.5 enables organizations to quickly create powerful reports and flexible dashboards.
These reporting features provide immediate feedback on current IT system health, allowing users to view IT system state holistically by utilizing precision whitelist-based image references. Historical deviation trends related to IT change control process efficacy and device compliance can be readily determined with these methods.
"IT professionals are realizing that IT systems cannot remain in a healthy state based on blacklisting solutions alone," said Wyatt Starnes, SignaCert founder and CEO. "I am proud that our products have led the industry as whitelisting methods have emerged. In addition to providing better IT visibility and control, the new reporting features make it easier to quickly understand the current state of your systems and track them over their lifetime."
The core reporting features released with version Enterprise Trust Server 2.5 include:
- A large library of pre-defined reports, including the current health of your IT infra-structure, historical and trending analysis for audit and change process compliance, and software device inventories.
- Easily customized reports allowing you to focus on the information that is most rele-vant to you (e.g. by the devices comprising a service by business unit and by server type).
- User controlled drill-down to allow quick navigation from summary level dashboards to reports containing detailed information about the state of the devices in your envi-ronment.
- User defined dashboards combine multiple reports into concise at-a-glance current and historical views of your enterprise.
- Reports and dashboards can be emailed on a periodic basis in a variety of formats (PDF, HTML, XML, etc.).
- Actionable reports allowing operations to be immediately performed on managed ob-jects (devices, policies, deviations, etc.) related to the results.
In addition to the expanded reporting functionality, SignaCert continues to add customer-driven requirements for enhanced management and scaling including:
- Enhanced monitoring capabilities providing increased visibility into changes occurring on Windows, Solaris, and Linux systems
- Automatic identification and categorization of installed applications on monitored sys-tems
- Increased scalability due to verification processing enhancements
Founded in 2004 by 30-year security and IT industry veteran, Wyatt Starnes, SignaCert launched its first product, the Enterprise Trust Server, in January 2007. Prior to that, Starnes co-founded Tripwire, the leader in enterprise-level configuration control software.
With nearly a decade of industry experience behind it, SignaCert has emerged as the leader in comprehensive whitelist technologies, developing patented whitelist-based methods to monitor and validate the full state of your entire IT infrastructure.