London, UK (PRWEB) October 23, 2008
Summer is now officially over, which is the perfect excuse to take the kids shopping for some fabulous new winter boots or wellies.
- Start-rite's new Autumn/Winter 2008 collection has some fantastic styles of childrens boots suitable for all occasions. Amber-Leigh is a new riding-boot style for girls. Made from suede and nubuck, this boot is comfortable, flexible and thanks to the full-length zip, is easy for kids to take on and off.
- With purple and plum tones taking over the high street, Start-rite steps out with Flowerchild. This stylish girl's boot in a combination of suede and leather, is available in colours including purple, brown and khaki. It features a pretty embroidered and appliqué floral design giving the boot an ethnic feel. The lace-up detailing on the back disguises a child-friendly zip closure.
- Fashion-conscious little boys will love Bamboozle with its stylish brogue detailing. The double riptape fastening ensures a secure fit while the boot style gives additional support for little ankles, along with a padded collar for maximum comfort. The outer sole and insole include a fun jigsaw puzzle design in contrasting colours to make these really stand out from the crowd.
- Bugsy is a perfect choice for kicking up leaves this autumn. This 'mini me' Chelsea boot for boys has an elasticated side panel with zip fastening and a lightweight flexible sole, making them great for outdoor play, whilst the on-trend brogue detail will add a smart and stylish touch to any outfit this autumn.
Start-rite combines style and functionality with its latest range of girls shoes for winter parties and Christmas, much to the delight of parents and daughters everywhere:
- Clara, a ballet pump style shoe for girls, is lightweight and flexible making it ideal for parties, as well as for school. To ensure a secure and comfortable fit, the ballet pump profile is complemented with a low t-bar buckle fastener. The patent leather upper makes this shoe an ideal choice for fashion conscious little ladies and comes in key seasonal colour red plum as well as black.
- Available in rose wine, rose plum and black patent, Tattle is the must-have footwear for young girls this Autumn/Winter. This gorgeous party shoe features decorative jewelled detail and a contrasting coloured sole, providing a fun feel to this classic style.
- Chrissie's Mary Jane-style buckle fastener and flower detail are in-line with key trends this Autumn/Winter season. Available in various colours, in either leather or patent, this style is bound to make an appearance at children's parties everywhere.
Also, don't forget that Start-rite has launched its transactional website startriteshoes.com, allowing customers to buy its shoes online. If you haven't already tried it out, why not give it a try and save hours of stressful shopping this Christmas?
Parents will love the new website as it allows them to view the entire range of Start-rite products, including school shoes, as well as to measure their children's feet accurately from the comfort of their own home. Startriteshoes.com provides parents with detailed, easy to follow instructions and advice on how to measure their children's feet as well as to check the fit of their childrens shoes.
There are a variety of easy-to-use fitting options available to ensure that little feet are in the correctly sized shoes:
- a paper gauge, downloadable from startriteshoes.com, with pre-printed length and width indicators
- a purchasable plastic gauge featuring a sliding tab to assess length and a tape to measure width
David Attwood, joint managing director, Start-rite Shoes said: "Start-rite products have always been available through a network of independent high street retailers and this will continue to be a priority for us, but the launch of the transactional website means that online shoppers can now also access our products too. The fitting tools provide parents with the reassurance that they are giving their children the best possible alternative to having shoes professionally fitted in-store."
For details of local retailers, to order girls or boys shoes and foot measures, and for advice on children's foot care and footwear needs, visit startriteshoes.com.