Bethesda, MD (PRWEB) October 24, 2008
Compete-At, the leading innovator of online registration and event management solutions for the sports industry, today announced the release of the running and multisport modules of the widely adopted Event Manager platform. Event Manager is a turnkey event management and online registration solution used globally by clubs, event organizers and associations. Race organizers will benefit from a comprehensive solution to manage small community "fun runs" as well as larger events such as marathons and triathlons. Compete-At also announces that Nimrod Sports has signed on to use the Event Manager online registration solution and web content management system for 18 events including both running and multisport events.
Compete-At's Event Management platform will assist clubs and organizations by reducing the time it takes to perform many routine administrative tasks. The running and multisport modules have been designed to simplify both the sign up and event management processes and are tailored to meet the specific needs of races and multisport.
"Over the past month, we have invited a wide range of race directors from all regions to view a pre-release of the product and the response has been tremendous" says Dave Cook, Director of Market Development for Compete-At. Dave continues, "The message we're receiving is very clear. They've been shackled to solutions that provide little more than credit card processing for years, and are embracing our holistic approach that gives them not only the online registration piece, but also a complete event and club website with photo galleries, online stores, message boards and a powerful email notification engine."
Event Manager provides a comprehensive platform to run events from initial planning to website creation and results posting. Race directors have the opportunity to utilize all features of Event Manager in one complete package without additional costs. Event and club websites can be customized with point-and-click page editing and are free of advertising and other undesirable solicitations. The website can be branded to have the look and feel of the organization or club running the event as well as establish dedicated pages for sponsors, the history of the event and more. Additionally, Event Manager includes complete photo galleries that can be populated by administrators, race participants, registered users or any combination of the above.
Early adopters in the pre-release program include Nimrod Sports, which organizes RUN Auckland, the fastest growing running event in New Zealand. "Creating our first event was a simple process," explains Dion Jelley, Director of Nimrod Sports. "We plan to expand and manage a total of 18 events under the RUN Auckland series in 2008. Once we saw a demo of Event Manager it was a simple decision to migrate not only our running events, but also our multisport events to the Compete-At platform. Event Manager provides an ideal system for our online entry and website management needs."
Collecting the correct entrant data is a crucial component of online event management and underscores the fundamental difference between Event Manager and other platforms on the market today. Event Manager eliminates the guesswork out of the setup process by providing a library of turnkey forms backed by a robust relational database. This ensures data integrity between events as well as enables the necessary knowledge transfer between events that often suffers due to staff and volunteer turnover each year.
The new modules are now open for public registration and interested race organizers can register and demo the system at http://www.Compete-At.com
Event Manger Key Differentiators
- Pre-Built Forms - Provides sport specific pre-built forms to ensure data integrity.
- Compete-At's low transactional fee of 3% can be passed directly back to entrants during event registration so the entire system can be utilized at virtually no cost
- No Contracts - Event Manager can be used on a per-event basis. There are no long term contracts to sign or agree to
- Complete Event Website - Event Manager is a complete solution from online registration to point-and-click website content editing.
- No Advertisements - Event Manager provides race organizers with a platform clean of unwanted solicitations and advertisements during registration.
- Event Cloning - Knowledge transfer between race directors and volunteers is often a stumbling block for annual events. Event Manager all but eliminates this through its' cloning feature.
- E-Commerce Ready for Multiple Currencies - Event Manager currently runs in USD, CAD, EUR, GPB, AUD, and NZD.
- Entry Fee Creation - Create simple or complex fee structures to meet your event needs. Accept donations during registration, create optional or mandatory fields and clearly label and provide instructions for each fee.
- Robust Division Builder - Build events with a single division or dozens of divisions using a simple builder to segment race entrants based on age, gender, experience, etc.
- Customize Entry Requirements - For each event, the organizer dictates what information is needed from each athlete. The event organizer can also decide whether they want to review each entry or let the system approve them.
- Delegate Responsibilities - A granular role-based permissions manager enables race directors to delegate tasks and responsibilities to staff and volunteers.
- Financial & Budget Reporting - Establish an event budget with custom fields and Event Manager will provide budgetary reporting based on entry fees.
- Robust Photo Gallery - Event Manager allows event organizers to easily create photo galleries. This simple act enhances the event experience and increases web traffic for better analytics and greater sponsorship potential. Additionally, galleries can be restricted to event personnel contributions or opened to event participants.
- Robust Notification Engine - Built into Event Manager is a robust notification tool to send scheduled or triggered emails to entrants or volunteers. Notifications can be triggered from individual requirements, payment status and more.
About the Compete-At Event Management Platform
Compete-At Event Manager is a secure online platform tailored to meet the unique planning needs of competitive sports. Unlike "league based" or one-size-fits-all solutions, Event Manager is specifically designed and tailored to alleviate the headaches of event management while handling all sport specific disciplines at local, regional and international levels. Compete-At is a technology provider and strategic partner to multiple Olympic national governing bodies and associations globally. Compete-At is based in Bethesda Maryland with sales and supports offices in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Visit http://www.Compete-At.com for more information.
About Nimrod Sports
Nimrod Sports, an event management company based on Auckland's North Shore manages over 18 events including the RUN Auckland series. Established in 2006, Nimrod Sports organizes a variety of sporting events and provides expert advise at a number of others. Nimrod Sports is a member of the New Zealand Association of Event Professionals. For more information visit http://www.nimrodsports.co.nz .