website owners put their website at risk by unknowingly implementing link schemes and other unethical practices offered by the growing number of SEO companies that utilize 'black hat' practices and scams.
Laguna Niguel, CA (PRWEB) October 24, 2008
A growing number of search engine optimization firms are offering website owners' false promises such as a guaranteed #1 Google search engine ranking. Through research, Increase Visibility, a leading search engine marketing services firm, has compiled a list of common scams and unethical practices used by illegitimate SEO services providers that should serve as warning signs to website owners.
Search engine optimization companies offering false guarantees such as a #1 Google search engine ranking are taking advantage of a large number of website owners. Research by Increase Visibility, a leading search engine marketing services firm, indicates that numerous unethical SEO services companies are using scams to acquire business. In addition, "black hat" methods are often used on behalf of unknowing website owners. The unethical practices sometimes produce a surge in the search engine ranking; unfortunately it's typically followed by a steady decrease in the rankings and often years of tough penalties.
Jim Lisi, President of Increase Visibility states "website owners put their website at risk by unknowingly implementing link schemes and other unethical practices offered by the growing number of SEO companies that utilize 'black hat' practices and scams."
The search engine optimization firms offering to increase search engine placements for very low fees usually do not include off-site search engine optimization services or comprehensive on-site SEO services which are critical for a long term first page search engine ranking.
Through research, Increase Visibility has discovered a number of scams utilized by illegitimate SEO companies. Some of the major warning signs include:
- Emails guaranteeing number #1 Google rankings.
- Offering guaranteed rankings for a very small fee.
- Achieving a #1 ranking for a unique, very long search term. The very long search term has no search volume. This practice is a scam.
- Guaranteeing a #1 search engine ranking by purchasing it with Google Adwords or pay per click advertising. The Adwords might show up on the top of the search page or in the sponsored link section in the right column. However, the majority of searchers use the organic search results located in the left column.
- Offering to submit a website to a vast number of search engines for a small payment (this strategy simply fails).
- Not having a legitimate website or they own an amateurish site.
- Offering to submit a website to over a thousand important directories, however there are only a small number of directories that bring traffic to websites.
There are also numerous unethical strategies used by illegitimate SEO companies including:
- Acquiring a customer's credit card number and charging for monthly services such as changing Meta tags and making submissions to unpopular directories.
- Spending very little time optimizing the site and often reducing the search engine placement due to using the wrong keywords, incorrect layouts, flawed structures, misspelled words etc.
- Utilizing numerous email accounts for promotional purposes.
- Sending out a massive amount of emails suggesting website owners provide a link to a particular website due to compatibility.
- Sending out emails by the hundreds or thousands offering to purchase links from website owners.
- Utilizing expired domains to increase link popularity.
Increase Visibility, only uses ethical strategies and has been rewarded with a #1 or #2 ranking for organic optimization during August - October 2008 by the prestigious TopSEO's.com, an independent authority on search engine marketing services companies. During the extensive evaluation process TopSEO's.com contacts the search engine optimization firm's clients. They ask about the client's overall experience with their search engine marketing firm and inquire about their search engine ranking for their important keywords.
Increase Visibility is located in Laguna Niguel, California and is an award winning leader in the search engine marketing services industry. The firm offers search engine marketing, natural search engine optimization, pay per click management, press releases, reputation management and social media optimization services. The firm offers search engine optimization plans to fit small and large marketing budgets. Increase Visibility has numerous clients in the Fortune 1000. The company's President has 10+ years of experience in the field of SEO and the Director of Optimization has more than 10 years of experience in the field of SEO/SEM. Visit the Increase Visibility blog for search engine optimization tips and internet marketing information.
Jim Lisi, President
877-736-2384 ext. 708
# # #