Dallas, TX (Vocus) October 23, 2008
Broadlane is pleased to announce that Anna Maria Medvid has joined its sales team as vice president of strategic sales leading the East region.
Medvid comes from Premier, Inc. where she was responsible for working directly with healthcare executives at key accounts to recruit hospitals into the Premier Group Purchasing Organization (GPO).
"We are pleased to welcome Anna Maria to Broadlane," said Julie Plaga, senior vice president, sales, Broadlane. "Her experience of working with healthcare executives will be instrumental as we continue to aggressively pursue new client relationships."
"I am excited about joining Broadlane because of their innovative approach to the supply chain," said Medvid. "The results Broadlane delivers are outstanding."
Medvid earned a bachelor's degree in industrial engineering from West Virginia University and was recognized in 2002 as one of Charlotte, North Carolina's "Top 25 Women in Business" by The Charlotte Business Journal.
Broadlane is the leading technology-oriented healthcare services company, reducing cost and creating operational efficiencies for thousands of acute care hospitals, ambulatory care facilities, physician practices and other healthcare providers in the United States. Its core services include supply chain management and clinical workforce management services.
Broadlane's comprehensive supply chain services include:
- Unparalleled national and custom contracting for supplies, pharmaceuticals, equipment and purchased services
- Innovative Procurement Services and purchase transaction management
- Clinical Services for managing clinical preference items and operating room and cath lab spending
- Comprehensive Materials Management Services - including outsourcing
- Informatics - benchmarking, advanced analytics and reporting
- Supply chain technology and e-commerce
Broadlane Workforce Management™ addresses nurses and allied healthcare practitioners and includes:
- External shift and agency management services
- Internal shift management, including electronic shift auctions
- Regional nurse float pool management and internal agency management
- E-commerce workforce exchange linking healthcare providers, clinical staff and agencies, enabling efficient shift management and fulfillment and reconciliation
The Preference Group™, a division of Broadlane, consults with healthcare facilities to help manage the cost of clinical items and processes. The Preference Group's specialized clinical programs include:
- Medication Use Management (MUM)
- Orthopedic Management Program
- Cardiovascular Management Program
- And many others
Broadlane's clients include leading providers such as Advocate Health Care, Ascension Health, Beaumont Hospitals, CHRISTUS Health, Continuum Health Partners, Kaiser Permanente, Kindred Healthcare, MedCath Corporation, New Hanover Regional Medical Center, Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth Health System, St. Luke's Episcopal Health System, Tenet Healthcare, The Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati, US Oncology and UMass Memorial Health Care.
The company is headquartered in Dallas with offices in Cincinnati, Detroit, Houston, New York City and Oakland. For more information, visit http://www.broadlane.com.