San Jose, CA (PRWEB) October 26, 2008
KallOut chosen by users as #1 product utilizing the Yahoo! Search BOSS API (YHOO).
The Yahoo! Search BOSS Mashable Challenge pitted developer against developer to compete for the grand prize of $2,000 and an article on Mashable about their new search products. KallOut won the grand prize based on its product first being chosen as one of ten finalists by Yahoo! and Mashable and second being voted by users as the best new search product. Yahoo! Search BOSS is a completely open API from Yahoo! Search. It gives developers access to highly scalable Web, news and image search technology without the need to make large infrastructure investments.
KallOut is a brand new way to search using only your mouse. Simply select text on any web page or document and KallOut puts you just a click away from the best the web has to offer.
KallOut is the first "selection-based search" system to free search from the browser and enable you to:
- Search smarter with BestGuess™
- Over 100 million terms (and counting) have been pre-trained with BestGuess suggestions
- Enjoy the serendipity of finding great content from suggested sites you don't normally visit
- BestGuess suggestions are constantly re-ranked based on the wisdom of crowds and search context
- Stay focused with Results in Context
- Avoid the disruption of opening a full browser window every time you want to search
- Access the search results you need right next to where you need them
- Search while you read or write without losing your place on the page
- Find Information up to 10x Faster
- Selection-based search dramatically reduces the number of steps between you and the answers you seek
- Search in context eliminates the need to copy/paste terms into your search engine and stops time-wasting typos
- Invoking search without typing the search term keeps your hand on the mouse and saves you time
To view the KallOut Product Tour, go to http://www.kallout.com/product_tour.html.
To read more about the Mashable Challenge, go to http://mashable.com/2008/10/22/kallout/.
KallOut is a new way to search using only your mouse. KallOut is the first application to bring "selection-based search" to any web page, email, presentation, document, spreadsheet or PDF. Unlike other search methods that are trapped inside the browser, KallOut serves up content from the most popular sites on the web inside floating information palettes (which we call KallOuts). Using only your mouse, you can now avoid the disruption of launching a browser and let KallOut bring you the best the web has to offer. Simply select text on any web page or document and KallOut does the rest.
KallOut, Inc. is a Delaware corporation that was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Monterey, CA.
For more information, go to http://www.KallOut.com.