Hearts & Hands for Heroes
Charlevoix, MI (PRWEB) October 31, 2008
Pine River Inc, (PRI) of Charlevoix, Mi manufacturer of the e-logsiding log siding system, is pleased to announce that they have been asked to join ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition on a "Hearts & Hands for Heroes" home project in the Toledo Ohio area. This is a project that will be aired on Sunday November 16th, 2008 at 8/7c on ABC.
When the design team from the show contacted Pine River this was a totally unexpected welcome to a normal Monday morning and the answer was absolutely yes, what can we do to help? The opportunity to help a deserving family is a worthy cause and certainly fits into the mission and marketing scope of PRI.
One of the main driving forces at PRI is to help make the dream of owning a log home a reality for many homeowners. Many people love the look of large natural logs but due to the high costs of purchase and construction along with the high maintenance of such they are unable to afford their dream home. The e-log can become their solution.
The e-log is a half-log tongue & groove siding system that can be used on new stick-built construction or existing structures. The standard e-log is 8' long and comes in 12", 14" and 16" effective diameters. The e-log weighs from 18 to 28 lbs per 8' length, which makes it very easy to work with. The beauty of the e-log siding system is the large natural look of stacked logs and is the key to making a conventional stick built home into a "log home". Due to the large size of the e-logs, the home will look like a real full stack log home not a log sided home. The e-log is ideally suited for both new construction and remodel projects.
The e-log is an engineered laminated composite log siding system that is comprised of 4 substrates: OSB back panel, Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) core in half-log shape, hardboard layer, and thick (1/8") wood veneer. All substrates are adhered together using latest technology in moisture cure urethane adhesive.
The "e's" of the e-log stand for:
- Energy efficient - the r-values of EPS core are 8, 9 & 10 respective of the 3 different size e-logs
- Easy to install - the e-log is light weight and requires no special tools or training to install
- Easy to maintain - simple log washing and staining are all that are required
- Exact specifications - the tongue and groove installation method and nature of the engineered log system provides an easy design and overall install
- Economical - the cost to purchase, install, and maintain are all significantly less than a full stack log home would be providing a similar look
- Environmentally friendly - the e-log provides an 80:1 ratio of e-logs to a single 8' 12"-14" diameter log; one full log provides enough thick wood veneer to make up to 80 e-logs
- "E"magine the possibilities - the options are virtually endless on how to use the e-log on both the exterior and the interior
With all these "e"fficiencies, the e-log comes by its name naturally. With today's focus on "green" building techniques and conservation of our natural resources, the e-log advantages are "right" for the times we live in.
The details of the Extreme Makeover project are not allowed to be discussed at this time other then to say the home project was completed during the week of September 8th and the e-logs were used on a couple of interior rooms. The episode will be aired on Sunday night November 16th, 2008 at 8/7c on ABC.
"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," which has won back-to-back Emmy Awards as Best Reality Program (non-competitive), is entering its 6th season on ABC. The program is produced by Endemol USA, a division of Endemol Holding. Anthony Dominici is the executive producer; and David Goldberg is the president of Endemol USA.