Reno, Nev. (PRWEB) October 27, 2008
PC-Doctor founder Aki Korhonen is the first recipient of Nevada's Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology (NCET) Entrepreneur of the Year award. He and other inaugural award winners were honored at an Oct. 21 reception following the Silver and Gold Venture Capital Conference.
Founded in 1993 in Emeryville, Calif., PC-Doctor Inc. moved to Reno in 2003. Since then, the company has emerged as the category leader in the small but essential niche of PC hardware diagnostics. The company's software products and technologies are used by the world's largest PC manufacturers to deliver the high-quality products that consumers and businesses demand. Additionally, PC-Doctor's expertise is sought out by technology leaders such as Microsoft and Intel as they build out new capabilities.
Today, the company employs more than 60 highly skilled people - more than double the number employed when the company first moved to Reno.
Other honorees included:
- Technology Company of the Year: Server Technology of Reno, which manufactures power-distribution units.
- Technology Start-up: Diigo.com, a Reno company that has developed social bookmarking technology.
- Green Companies of the Year: Dream Weaver Marketing of Reno, creator of a reusable grocery bag, and Itronics Inc., which recycles photochemical wastes into fertilizer.
- CIO/CTO of the Year: Jack Dawson of IQ Systems Inc., a Reno company that provides system integration and network services.
- Technology Educator of the Year: Christopher Simon, an assistant professor of political science at the University of Nevada, Reno, who has researched the political and technical perspectives of renewable energy.
In addition to NCET, the awards are sponsored by the Nevada Commission on Economic Development, the Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada and Northern Nevada Business Weekly.
Founded in 1993, PC-Doctor Inc. is the global leader in reducing PC supplier costs through diagnostic and system information solutions for top PC makers, service centers and IT organizations. Acknowledged by leading PC manufacturers as the de facto standard for diagnostics, PC-Doctor has shipped more than 170 million units worldwide. Its products are available in more than 15 languages for Windows and Linux operating systems, which run on leading Intel and AMD microprocessors. For more information about PC-Doctor and its products, visit http://www.pc-doctor.com or call (775) 336-4000. To place an order, call toll free (866) 289-7237.