(PRWEB) October 29, 2008
The latest version of the ISO 27001 / 27002 Newsletter has today been released. This periodic publication provides news and information with respect to information security and the ISO 27000 information security standards.
The newsletter is published approximately on a quarterly basis, and subscription is entirely free of charge. This latest editions covers the following specific topics in depth:
1) Obtaining the ISO 27001 and ISO 27002 Standards
2) 17799? Or 27002?
3) Security Risk Management
4) ISMS Based Document Controls via ISO/IEC 27001
5) More ISO 17799/27001 Frequently Asked Questions
6) Trials and Tribulations of an Information Security Officer Part 3
7) Information Security News
8) Information Security within your Business Continuity Process
9) ISO 27000: The World Wide Phenomenon
10) ISO 27001/2: Common Mistakes Part 3
11) Protecting Against Malicious Code Attacks
12) ISO 27000 Related Definitions and Terms
With an increasing number of major security breaches caused through internal threats, the latest edition focuses particularly on this issue. In addition the assessment of ISO 27001 security implementation failures continues the first study on such a wide scale.
The new edition can be viewed directly from the publishers Web site:
With all the previous issues are archived at: