Suddenly we started hearing from people who were using Eyedentity Label tattoos for issues related to medical needs - food allergies, Alzheimer's patients, kids and adults with epilepsy, learning disabilities, non-verbal Autism…you name it. The great thing about our product is it's empowering, because it allows them to be more independent.
Boca Raton, FL (PRWEB) October 29, 2008
Who says the trade deficit can't be overcome? A small, grass-roots company founded by two single moms is busy exporting peace of mind and good old-fashioned American ingenuity, one temporary tattoo at a time. And business is booming.
Eyedentity Label provides customized temporary tattoos designed to share emergency information. The simple bright red and yellow, two-inch square design is made to stand out and not be overlooked as a colorful band-aid or "fun" tattoo. Co-creators Zephora Haddon and Nycole Sones originally conceived Eyedentity Label as a proactive response to the "lost child" scenario every parent dreads, but quickly realized the product they came up with has almost limitless applications. "We really wanted to promote a feeling of empowerment for parents and kids," says Haddon. "Suddenly we started hearing from people who were using Eyedentity Label tattoos for issues related to medical needs - food allergies, Alzheimer's patients, kids and adults with epilepsy, learning disabilities, non-verbal Autism…you name it. The great thing about our product is it's empowering, because it allows them to be more independent."
Sales related to medical issues alone have skyrocketed nearly 50% in the three months since Eyedentity Label's website (eyedentitylabel.com) premiered. In response to the rapid growth Haddon and Sones have teamed up with the Home Shopping Group in the creation of a commercial to offer pre-paid gift cards that can be redeemed at Eyedentitylabel.com (customers can also order direct at the Eyedentity Label website). "We're having great results getting the pre-paid cards into brick-and-mortar retailers too. Our new pre-paid cards allow retailers to carry the Labels and for people to buy them as gifts. Everyone knows someone whose lives can be enhanced with Eyedentity Labels." notes Haddon.
Whether they order direct or use a pre-paid gift card, buyers customize their order with up to 57 characters on four lines and receive 18 personalized labels for $25.00. Shipping is free to Canada and the US.
With sales requests coming in from all over the world, it's clear Haddon and Sones struck a universal chord. And according to Haddon, they're thrilled with the response. "It's amazing. We're getting orders from all over Europe, and just got our first from China. We've filled orders in Spanish, Italian, German and French." Clearly, no matter what language you speak, the ability to provide a voice for loved ones who may not be able to share vital information in an emergency is peace of mind that money can buy.
- One father had Eyedentity Labels printed with a hotel room number for his dyslexic teenage son, allowing the boy more freedom during a family vacation
- Parents of children with food allergies apply Eyedentity Labels on the back of each hand so neither child nor adult caregiver can forget, whether it's school lunch or a birthday party
- An epileptic teen who hated his "clunky" medic alert bracelet now wears an Eyedentity Label with instructions regarding his medication while traveling with his sports team
- The adult daughter of an elderly Alzheimer's patient no longer worries when her mother strolls their community, after a neighbor spotted the Eyedentity Label and quickly phoned her when her mother wandered farther than usual
- Emergency contact information for non-verbal, special needs children and adults
# # #