Denver, CO (PRWEB) October 29, 2008
The Colorado BioScience Association (CBSA) is hosting a new Bioscience Job Fair the afternoon of November 14, 1:30 to 4 p.m., following the 2008 BioWest Grand Finale Luncheon. The Job Fair will be held across the car park from the Grand Hyatt's main hotel building at 555 17th Street, 37th floor. The announcement is made by Christine Shapard, CBSA Interim Executive Director, who says the fair is being held in response to CBSA member demand.
"We have a significant number of member companies who have job openings and are looking for area talent to fill the positions. In response, we felt the best time to maximize attendance by both companies and candidates was in conjunction with our BioWest Conference and Expo, hence the new exciting offering this year," Shapard explains.
Shapard adds, "Companies exhibiting at the Job Fair include Aerotek - Aerotek.com, APECS - apecs.net, Baxa - Baxa.com, Biodesix - Biodesix.com, CaridianBCT - CaridianBCT.com, CBR International - CBRIntl.com, CEA Technologies - CEATechnologies.com, Cochlear Americas - Cochlear.com, Commissioning Agents - CommissioningAgents.com, Covidien - Covidien.com, Gilead Colorado - Gilead.com, Kelly Scientific - KellyScientific.com, Lexicor - Lexicor.net, Medtronic Navigation - Medtronic.com, Nspire - nspirehealth.com, Reglera - Reglera.com, Somalogic - Somalogic.com, TriNet - Trinet.com, On Assignment - OnAssignment.com, Pharmatech - Pharmatech.com, Sandoz - Sandoz.com, and Tolmar - Tolmar.com.
More than 700 industry leaders will convene November 13 & 14 for the sixth annual BioWest event, held at the Denver-Grand Hyatt, 1750 Welton. The BioWest Conference and Expo is the Rocky Mountain region's preferred venue for visiting with researchers about their newest discoveries and meeting founders of the area's most innovative and promising bioscience start-up companies.
National speakers confirmed for BioWest 2008 include:
- November 13 Founder's Breakfast: G. Steven Burrill, Chief Executive Officer, Burrill and Company, a San Francisco-based merchant bank. One of the world's most influential people in life sciences, he recently authored Biotech 2008: A 20/20 Vision of 2020. Burrill is considered to be one of the national icons for venture capital in the life-sciences industry. Visit http://www.burrillandco.com.
- November 13 Art of Innovation Luncheon: Guy Kawasaki, noted author and innovation expert. Kawasaki is known for being a pioneer and entrepreneur in tech promotions, start-ups, and publishing. He is Managing Director of Palo Alto-based Garage Technology Ventures, an early-stage venture capital firm (http://www.garage.com), and can be followed on Twitter at http://twitter.com/guykawasaki.
- November 14 Grand Finale Luncheon: T.R. Reid, veteran Washington Post foreign correspondent who recently collaborated with the PBS FRONTLINE series on Sick Around The World, to study how five other capitalist democracies --the United Kingdom, Japan, Germany, Taiwan, and Switzerland deliver health care. Visit http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sickaroundtheworld.
The annual Venture Showcase, scheduled for the morning and afternoon of November 13, will bring together six start-up companies to make their "pitch" to a panel of national venture capitalists. The $10,000 Dorsey & Whitney Venture Showcase Award will be presented to the company with the best presentation. Finalists for the Venture Showcase competition include:
- Accuthera LLC (Conifer)
- Aqueous Biomedical Inc. (Colorado Springs)
- Bioptix LLC (Boulder) a
- ImmunoGenetix Therapeutics, Inc. (Lenexa, Kansas)
- Oberon FMR, Inc. (Idaho Springs)
- Snoasis Medical (Denver)
Earlier stage technologies will be showcased at the Technology Transfer Poster Reception on the evening of November 13. Researchers from the region's top institutions will be on hand with scientific poster presentations to discuss their bioscience discoveries. In addition to formal presentations, productive networking among attendees will occur at this year's BioWest Expo, featuring bioscience suppliers whose exhibits will fill the hallways with services and products to help the region's companies succeed and grow.
Last but not least, the CBSA Annual Awards Dinner, where the bioscience industry celebrates the "Best of the Best" and recognizes industry leaders and supporters, is Thursday evening, November 13. Governor Bill Ritter will serve as the keynote speaker for this event as the Colorado Bioscience Association celebrates its fifth anniversary.
To attend the 2008 BioWest Conference & Expo, Venture Showcase presentations and/or awards dinner, registration information is available at http://www.BioWestConference.com.
About Colorado BioScience Association
CBSA is a not-for-profit corporation providing services and support for Colorado's growing biosciences industry. With more than 400 members, the CBSA actively works to promote the growth of the industry by advocating for a better business environment, by promoting programs that grow the state's bioscience workforce, by fighting for policies that support a strong bioscience industry in the state and by speaking with a single voice on behalf of the companies in the state. For more information, visit http://www.cobioscience.com.
Christine Shapard, Interim Executive Director, Colorado BioScience Association, 303-592-4089
Maggie Chamberlin Holben, APR, Absolutely Public Relations - http://www.absolutelypr.com - 303-984-9801