Houston, TX (Vocus) October 29, 2008
The United States Organizations for Bankruptcy Alternatives (USOBA) is hosting their biannual 2008 Winter Conference in San Diego, CA on November 9-11. USOBA provides information regarding laws and regulations on both a state and federal level to the debt settlement or debt negotiation industry, outside of credit counseling. Twice a year, member and industry-related companies convene to increase their knowledge, education and experience in a networking atmosphere. The theme of this conference is: Back to the Foundation, How Can Companies Ensure that they are Compliant?
On September 25th, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) hosted a workshop that addressed debt settlement and protection of consumers, and USOBA’s 2008 Winter Conference will focus primarily on these issues and concerns. This event will provide a venue for members of the debt settlement community to get back to the foundation of compliance through the examination of the following topics:
- Legal Compliance Panel – Risk management, solidifying your business practices
- Marketing - Compliant Marketing Strategies
- Legislative Evaluation – New statutes that affect your business
- Consumer Education Panel– Theory and implementation
- Communication – Is your message clear and reaching your audience
- HR 1424 - Bail out and its affect on loss mitigation
- California Legal Landscape and Legislative Process Update
- Consumer Education Panel Presentation/Discussion
- Web 2.0 - Use the internet to drive business and spread awareness
- The Necessity of Auriemma Consulting Group Benchmarking and Statistics
- Front Office Compliance – How to convey debt settlement in a clear and concise manner
- Complete Legislative Update – Review state trends and how to prepare for them
- Legislative, Regulatory and Litigation Update – Critical lessons and strategies for debt settlement companies
- Effective Approaches to Maximize Settlements from Creditors, Collection Agencies and Debt Buyers
Register today to receive important information that will help your company move forward. USOBA’s meetings are open to members and non-members alike. Visit the USOBA Website for complete details!
USOBA is dedicated to providing its membership with important industry related information, including compliance requirements, as well as advocating for fair and appropriate industry regulation and protection of consumers.
To better ensure and promote national compliance, USOBA members are provided a State Law Summary Guide. This guide containing state by state laws and regulations has been reviewed by regulators and legislators and is the only one of its kind in the industry.
USOBA is a unique organization that pioneered the first Accreditation Program in the debt settlement industry and offers this exclusive program to its members. The USOBA Accreditation Program benefits accredited member companies by implementing higher industry standards and establishing increased credibility. Consumers also benefit by receiving free referrals to only current accredited member companies.