Beaumont, TX (PRWEB) October 31, 2008
Playa Xpu-Ha, Mexico (PRWEB) October 31, 2008 -- For a post-holiday spa detox fit for European royalty, the Italian Duchess d'Ferrari invites wellness-minded travelers to her oasis at Esencia Estate for a week-long Mayan Retreat. The retreat offers close to 10 hrs of relaxing and invigorating spa treatments based on the indigenous and therapeutic techniques of the surrounding Mayan culture. Along with an Indigenous Mani-Pedi, treatments included are a Sea and Sky Ritual on the beach, a toning Lemon Ritual, a Mayan Wrap to relive muscle tension, an aromatic Royal Ritual, a stretching and strengthening Baxal Ritual, and a renewing Cacao Ritual, Natural Facial and hair treatment. The temazcal, an intensive steam experience presided over by a shaman, concludes the journey of the couple in a celebration of harmony, health and renewal. Available through December 31, 2009, the seven day Mayan Retreat starts at $1,410 per person. Guest rooms and suites start at $605 per night. Two-story cottages are $1,729 per night and may be enjoyed as a private beach house staffed by Esencia's butlers, housekeepers and chefs. Taxes and service charge are additional. Please call 877-528-3490 or visit http://www.hotelesencia.com for reservations.
Fully organic from its architecture to its products, the Duchess's refuge harvests its own lush herb garden for use in treatments. Five treatment rooms, four Jacuzzis, two Mayan-style domed steam rooms and a beachside Temazcal Mayan Sauna are also available. Complimentary group yoga and meditation classes are offered with an instructor in the main house terrace or garden area.
The 50-acre private estate, located on Playa Xpu-Ha on a two mile stretch of fine white-sand beach 46 miles south of Cancun, is the essence of simplicity, elegance and beauty. Its 29 spacious suites and cottages include a range of features from private gardens to solariums and deep-soaking plunge pools. The estate is operated by ProHotel International of Houston, which also operates the celebrated La Pleta by Rafael Hotels in the Spanish Pyrenees and Casanova by Rafael Hotels in Barcelona, Spain.
Mayan Retreat Information
- Day 1 - Sea and Sky Ritual (60 MIN): Surrounded by the lights of the stars and the sounds of the sea, enjoy a soothing massage on the beach where the voyage of relaxation, harmony and renewal with one's self begins. Ritual concludes with a glass of champange on the shores of the Caribbean Sea.
- Day 2 - Lemon Ritual and Indigenous Pedicure (90 MIN): This ritual employs the citrus fruit to release negativity, tone skin and increase vitality and harmony. During the Indigenous Pedicure, spa technicians immerse feet in the scent of fresh mint and rosemary for a refreshing and deep cleansing.
- Day 3 - Mayan Wrap Ritual (80 MIN): Once performed on persons who traveled hundreds of miles to find sustance for their tribe, the Mayan Wrap Ritual begins with stretching, massaging and kneading with towels to release tension. Afterwards, a soothing massage with Palenquecon mud, rich with hydrating and soothing properties, is applied to the body to further relieve muscle tension and detoxify the body.
- Day 4 - Royal Ritual (90 MIN): This treatment begins by immersing in a tub filled with aromatic salts and flowers. Impurities are then removed through a unique blending of aromas and ointment in the steam room.
- Day 5 - Baxal Ritual and Indigenous Manicure (90 MIN): As a method to return strength and power to the body, Chincuetes (bands) are used to stretch the body and stimulate energy flow. An energizing massage of natural creams and a warm herb bath of rosemay and mint aid in invigorating the body. Oats and bamboo honey are used to elimintate dead cells and renew the skin during the Indigenous Manicure.
- Day 6 - Cacao Ritual, Natural Facial, Hair Treatment (80 MIN): Considered a divine fruit worthy only of the elite class in Mayan times, cacao is used for a stimulating masage that results in a sense of renewal and vitality of the inner self. A blend of tropical fruits is used for hydration during the Natural Facial, and an avocado wrap is applied to the hair, leaving it shiny and silky.
- Day 7 - Temazcal (90 MIN): The authentic pre-Hispanic aromatic Temazcal, which perfectly harmonizes and balances your mind, body and soul through rue, rosemany, basil, and ecalyptus, is a traditional steam bath from volcanic rock that rekindles sensations and inspires health and renewal.