LogMeIn is a key part of digital living for millions of people including mobile workers, IT professionals and consumers. As lives have become increasingly digitized, accessing business data, applications, music, pictures and more from anywhere in the world, on any device has become indispensable
Woburn, MA (PRWEB) October 30, 2008
LogMeIn products have been installed on more than 50 million Windows PCs, Macs, servers and other devices enabling people to connect to their digital assets from any location. On average, 75,000 new devices join the LogMeIn service each day. LogMeIn believes it is the largest and fastest growing software-as-a-service (SaaS) remote access and support platform.
"LogMeIn is a key part of digital living for millions of people including mobile workers, IT professionals and consumers. As lives have become increasingly digitized, accessing business data, applications, music, pictures and more from anywhere in the world, on any device has become indispensable," said Michael Simon, CEO of LogMeIn, Inc.
LogMeIn connects people to remote internet-enabled devices including laptop and desktop computers, smartphones, point-of-sale terminals, kiosks and more. The LogMeIn suite of SaaS solutions includes capabilities for on-demand customer support of these devices, systems administration, remote access, remote control, file-sharing, virtual private networking, data backup and online meetings.
In addition to the user experience, security, and strength of LogMeIn's solutions, LogMeIn believes several market factors are contributing to the growth in demand for its remote support and access products.
"The market for remote access, and in particular remote support, is being driven by a number of global trends including an increasingly mobile workforce, skilled worker shortages, increasing pressure to reduce IT support costs while providing 7 x 24 support, and the proliferation of internet-connected mobile devices," said Matt Healey, research manager, Software and Hardware Support Services, IDC.
About the LogMeIn family of SaaS solutions:
- LogMeIn Pro - remote access and control for individuals and small businesses with features including remote printing, remote sound, file synchonization and file sharing.
- LogMeIn Rescue, LogMeIn IT Reach and LogMeIn RemotelyAnywhere - powerful tools used by IT support professionals to remotely access, diagnose, maintain and repair computers and smartphones.
- LogMeIn Hamachi - a hosted virtual private network (VPN) service that sets up a computer network among remote computers.
- LogMeIn Backup - a service that subscribers install on two or more computers to create an automated backup network.
- LogMeIn Free - easy, free remote access to a user's PC from any computer with an Internet connection.
About LogMeIn, Inc. - http://www.LogMeIn.com
LogMeIn is a leading provider of on-demand, remote-connectivity solutions to mobile operators, handset OEMs, small and medium businesses, IT service providers and consumers. LogMeIn products are deployed on demand and are accessible through a Web browser. The LogMeIn family includes LogMeIn Pro®, LogMeIn Ignition™, LogMeIn Rescue®, LogMeIn IT Reach®, LogMeIn Backup™, Remotely Anywhere®, LogMeIn Free® and LogMeIn Hamachi™. LogMeIn is based in Woburn, Mass., with European centers in Budapest, Hungary and Amsterdam, Netherlands.