Bethesda, MD (PRWEB) November 3, 2008
Compete-At, a leading innovator of event planning and online registration solutions for the sports industry, today announced the Transpacific Yacht Club as their newest customer. Transpacific Yacht Club will use Event Manager to manage its prestigious event, the 2009 Transpacific Yacht Race.
Transpacific Yacht Club will use Compete-At's comprehensive Event Manager platform to manage online registrations and other event planning logistics for the Transpacific Yacht Race. By using Compete-At's platform, the Transpacific Yacht Club will be able to streamline administrative tasks associated with the event. All entries and entry requirements will be handled online using the securely hosted solution.
"I needed to make the entry process as simple as possible for both myself and our competitors," says Mike Nash, Entry Chairman of the 2009 Transpacific Race, "We are expecting upwards of 65 boats for Transpac and being a long offshore event there are many requirements, which equates to gathering pages and pages of data. Compete-At makes this process paperless for us and easily allows us to find, sort and notify Skippers and Crew about deadlines for the required documents. Being able to offer the crew members the ability to complete the required information and waivers from anywhere in the world via the web makes life easier for everyone involved." In addition to aiding Nash with registration, he is also happy with the payment options, "We are also happy to be able to allow our competitors the ability to make all payments and purchased via credit card. Our competitors will now be able to pay for everything from the entry fees and banquet tickets to hats and T-shirts. We also think this will greatly increase sales of our new Transpac clothing and merchandise line by being able to reach out to the competitors via the email system."
"Compete-At is ecstatic to be working with the Transpacific Yacht Club. The Transpac is one of the oldest and most prestigious offshore sailing events in the history of sailing, and it is an honor to provide a comprehensive, event management solution to them," said David Ross, CEO of Compete-At. "We are confident that Event Manager will provide them with a robust toolset to process entries, manage requirement as well as communicate with each skipper and crew."
About the Transpacific Yacht Race
The Transpacific Yacht Race started in 1906 and runs biannually. The 2009 Transpacific Race marks the 45th race and runs from Los Angeles to Hawaii approximately 2,225 nautical miles. Walt Disney Pictures recently released the film "Morning Light", a documentary that follows the recruitment and training of the young sailors that participated in last year's Transpacific Race.
About the Compete-At Event Management Platform
Compete-At Event Manager is a secure online platform tailored to meet the unique planning needs of competitive sports like sailing. Unlike "league based" or one-size-fits-all solutions, Event Manager is specifically designed and tailored to alleviate the headaches of event management while handling all sport specific disciplines at local, regional and international levels.
Event Manger Details
- Pre-Built Forms - Provides sport specific pre-built forms to ensure data integrity across events and standardization within the industry.
- No Contracts - Event Manager can be used on a per-event basis. There are no long term contracts to sign or agree to
- Complete Event Website - Event Manager is a complete solution from online registration to point-and-click website content editing.
- No Advertisements - Event Manager provides race organizers with a platform clean of unwanted solicitations and advertisements during registration.
- Event Cloning - Knowledge transfer between race directors and volunteers is often a stumbling block for annual events. Event Manager all but eliminates this through its' cloning feature.
- E-Commerce Ready for Multiple Currencies - Event Manager currently runs in USD, CAD, EUR, GPB, AUD, and NZD.
- Entry Fee Creation - Create simple or complex fee structures to meet your event needs. Accept donations during registration, create optional or mandatory fields and clearly label and provide instructions for each fee.
- Robust Division Builder - Build events with a single division or dozens of divisions using a simple builder to segment race entrants based on age, gender, experience, etc.
- Customize Entry Requirements - For each event, the organizer dictates what information is needed from each athlete. The event organizer can also decide whether they want to review each entry or let the system approve them.
- Delegate Responsibilities - A granular role-based permissions manager enables race directors to delegate tasks and responsibilities to staff and volunteers.
- Financial & Budget Reporting - Establish an event budget with custom fields and Event Manager will provide budgetary reporting based on entry fees.
- Robust Photo Gallery - Event Manager allows event organizers to easily create photo galleries. This simple act enhances the event experience and increases web traffic for better analytics and greater sponsorship potential. Additionally, galleries can be restricted to event personnel contributions or opened to event participants.
- Robust Notification Engine - Built into Event Manager is a robust notification tool to send scheduled or triggered emails to entrants or volunteers. Notifications can be triggered from individual requirements, payment status and more.
About Transpacific Yacht Club
Membership in the Transpacific Yacht Club is open to any sailor who has successfully completed the course in a race sponsored by TPYC between two points on the Pacific Ocean not less than 2000 miles. Currently there are more than 600 sailors who are members of TPYC: one of the most prestigious yacht clubs worldwide. For more information visit http://www.transpacrace.com
Compete-At Event Manager is a secure online platform tailored to meet the unique planning needs of competitive sports. Unlike "league based" or one-size-fits-all solutions, Event Manager is specifically designed and tailored to alleviate the headaches of event management while handling all sport specific disciplines at local, regional and international levels. Compete-At is a technology provider and strategic partner to multiple Olympic national governing bodies and associations globally. Compete-At is headquartered in Bethesda Maryland with sales and supports offices in Colorado Springs, Colorado. To learn more about online registration solutions and event planning software visit http://www.Compete-At.com for more information.