Andover, MA (Vocus) November 17, 2008
WHAT: NewRiver, Inc. - creators of the leading central repository of mutual fund documents and data for financial services firms - and guest speaker TowerGroup - the leading research and advisory services firm focused exclusively on the global financial services industry - have teamed up to deliver an informative webinar: "Preparing for 2009 and Beyond: Expected Fallout for Mutual Fund Distributors and the Industry from the 2008 Economic Crisis".
WHY: In today's challenging economic climate, financial service firms are looking for ways to improve mutual fund sales productivity, reduce operational costs, and ensure better compliance. As a result, firms are actively adopting new solutions such as e-delivery to automate inventory management, reduce fulfillment costs and improve their return on investment. This live webinar will discuss mutual fund industry's trends and challenges resulting from the recent economic crisis. More specifically, attendees will learn:
- The key business drivers for fund companies in 2009
- How regulators might approach investor protection in the coming year
- The level of industry turbulence that may yet still occur
- Actions firms can take to decrease compliance costs, minimize existing regulatory risk and prepare for potential regulatory changes on the horizon.
WHEN: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 1:00 pm Eastern / 10:00 a.m. Pacific
WHERE: For more information or to register for the live event visit: http://www.bostonconferencing.com/newriver/1
WHO: The webinar is designed specifically for CXOs, Vice Presidents and Directors of financial services companies that distribute mutual funds and are responsible for investor disclosure, compliance, fund data delivery and/or investor communications. This presentation will discuss a variety of industry's trends and discuss ways to handle potential business challenges resulting from the recent economic crisis. Conducted by recognized industry experts, the presenters include:
- Peter Delano, Research Director at TowerGroup. Mr. Delano oversees TowerGroup's Brokerage and Wealth Management, Investment Management, and Securities and Capital Markets research and advisory services. A recognized expert, Mr. Delano spent two years as a Senior Analyst in the Investment Management practice, where he focused on technology trends on the buy side including client servicing, compliance technologies, messaging protocols, post-trade automation, and instant messaging.
- Jeff Levering, Vice President of Corporate Development, NewRiver, Inc. Mr. Levering leads NewRiver's Corporate Development and is responsible for strategic corporate planning, major accounts' initiatives, business partnerships, and regulatory affairs. Mr. Levering has over 20 years' experience in investment management firms and has been involved in the design of many of NewRiver's products.
About NewRiver, Inc.
NewRiver develops innovative technology solutions that help financial leaders simplify investor disclosure - providing transparency and cost savings to the delivery of fund data and investor communications. Since 1995, the company has helped some of the world's leading financial organizations move from paper to electronic disclosure via an easy to use, cost-effective, managed service offering. NewRiver pioneered the first electronic prospectus, and is the only company to guarantee its data to be "compliance grade" which allows customers to reduce risk, lower compliance costs and increase revenues. Through a patent-pending, automated process NewRiver efficiently monitors 6 million data points from over 24,600 fund CUSIPs. Further, the company's unique "paperless" approach improves the investor experience while offering a real alternative to the environmental impact of paper-only delivery. Relied on daily by over 100 leading financial services firms, and millions of investors, NewRiver is a trusted and growing solution provider facilitating the transition from paper-based mutual fund information, to electronic. To learn more, please visit our website http://www.newriver.com or call 978-247-7200.
Note to editors: One on one interviews are available by contacting: Chris McCoin or Richard Smith of McCoin & Smith Communications LLC at 508-429-5988 (Chris) or 978-433-3304 (Rick) chris @ mccoinsmith.com or rick @ mccoinsmith.com