Austin, Texas (PRWEB) December 1, 2008
The holiday season is here along with a less-than-cheery economic climate, and many shoppers are questioning how they will afford the gifting tradition for family and friends. Milton Doolittle, owner of Benold's Jewelers, (http://www.benolds.com) Austin's independent fine jewelry store since 1929, provides expert shopping guidance that stands the test of time, regardless of budget constraints. The jeweler is also offering a 20% discount coupon by registering at http://www.benolds.com. The coupon is good for both online and in-store shopping.
Top Five Holiday Shopping Tips
- Instead of purchasing gift after gift for each loved one, you should choose one item that is memorable and has lasting value. A piece of jewelry possesses just that.
- Giving a gift of jewelry doesn't have stress an already strained pocketbook. For instance, adding sterling silver earrings that would go with an existing sterling necklace could double the enjoyment of both.
- Be careful, shop prudently and don't be mesmerized by 50% off jewelry specials. You always get what you pay for, especially with jewelry. If it's 50% off, then something - usually quality, workmanship and the ability to last over generations is compromised.
- If you've established some kind of relationship with a jeweler, then return to that store. It's a bonus if your jeweler already knows the recipient, as he or she should then be on target to help you find just the right gift.
- Finally, jewelry is everlasting. That's the bargain. Divide the number of years it's enjoyed into the price paid, and typically the results make you smile.
Doolittle shares words of wisdom with shoppers before hitting stores (or Web sites) this holiday. "There will be tons of bargains, lowered prices and mountains of discounts," Doolittle says. Although these price tags are enticing for any budget, he says that shoppers should rethink their approach to gifting this year. "In an economic bind… giving something of lasting beauty, value and a certain 'wow' factor will ensure that your gift won't go down in the anonymity of passing time. Jewelry never wears away," he continued.
Something new at Benold's this holiday season is the signature Austin charm bracelet, sold exclusively online at http://www.benolds.com. The sterling silver oval link bracelet comes with six charms representing well-known Austin landmarks and symbols, along with a solid elliptical disk that can be engraved for a personal touch.
The bracelet is $400 and can be shipped nationwide. Benold's can deliver at no charge to anyone living within Austin city limits. The store's 20% web discount does not apply to the charm bracelet.
Opened in 1929, Benold's Jewelers is one of Austin's oldest independent jewelers and a leader in providing the city with a handpicked selection of fine jewelry. Owned and operated by Milton Doolittle, Benold's has always been a family-owned business. Located at 2900 West Anderson Lane, Benold's offers a premier selection of designer jewelry, original bridal designs, couture fashion jewelry, and loose diamonds. The store also carries fine gifts from Lalique, Nambe, Waterford and Michael Aram among others.
Benold's is open Monday through Friday, 10am to 6pm and Saturday from 10am to 5pm. The store is closed on Sundays. For more information, visit http://www.benolds.com.